Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Tell me to stop being shallow! because I know I am

(11 Posts)
StayOutOfTheLight Wed 25-Feb-09 00:14:26

Ok well I've been chatting to a man online who I really liked the sound of. We have loads in common, he seems great, genuine, funny etc ...

But I'm not feeling put off slightly because I saw a picture of him and he doesn't look how I imagined him to look.

Tell me I'm being shallow! Am I? Yes I probably am.

MadamDeathstare Wed 25-Feb-09 00:18:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GypsyMoth Wed 25-Feb-09 00:30:19

Is he still ok looks wise tho? Now it's me being shallow!!

solidgoldbullet4myvalentine Wed 25-Feb-09 01:06:08

Ask him if he has a) Any Meatloaf CDS
b) ANy pictures of dragons
C) Any stalker tendencies.

If no to all three, proceed with optimistic caution wink

SuperBunny Wed 25-Feb-09 01:40:46

To Solidgold's list I would also add:

d) Unusual liking for Lyle Lovett and Bette Midler
e) Ability to eat like a human being (as opposed to a zoo animal)

Within 12 hours of chatting to a guy online at the weekend, he wanted to know if I had been thinking about having his babies because that is what he wanted. Obviously I have not talked to him again. Dontcha just love internet dating? grin

aseriouslyblondemoment Wed 25-Feb-09 16:25:46

stayoutofthelight
how many cybermen have you got on the go?wink
i can imagine that if you had some kind of mental image and he didnt meet that then you are bound to be disappointed
if you do like him but feel no obvious attraction then you can always stay chatting with a view to making a new friend perhaps

MaddieMoonlighting Wed 25-Feb-09 17:50:13

LOL. You're being less shallow that the average internet dater because you're actually questioning your reactions! It's a scary, shallow, fickle business and I have run from it screaming... I'll just set for my labrador I think (NOT in sexual/romantic sense obiously.. )

I spoke to a guy online recently who rather proudly informed me he really quite likes the taste of his own semen... hmm

Abort abort....

MaddieMoonlighting Wed 25-Feb-09 17:50:48

*settle

aseriouslyblondemoment Wed 25-Feb-09 18:16:52

omg have heard some things in my time
quick enlighten us all maddiemoonlighting on the lone parents 'fit and interesting thread'
know its a bit long now but just jump on!

MaddieMoonlighting Wed 25-Feb-09 18:18:01

Where is it?

MaddieMoonlighting Wed 25-Feb-09 18:18:59

And will people on it please advise me on how to become a slut because nobody is answering in relationships! (In fact little wonder actually...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now