Advanced search

Social services/ DV

(4 Posts)
Snappychi Thu 06-Aug-20 18:13:37

I’m planning to leave my abusive husband and have got advice from woman’s aid who said to speak to my mental health nurse so she could document it for future (assuming for court etc)
the domestic violence is not that bad in the grand scheme of abuse but he does have alcohol problems. Never around or directed at the child.
I spoke to her and disclosed the abuse and she spoke to the safeguarding team in her organisation who advised amongst other things to refer to Social care.

I’m absolutely panicking that they’re going to make contact with me/ my husband and unwillingly alert him to my plans. It’s quite complex set of circumstances and I’m currently getting my ducks in a row so to speak.

Really really really regretting disclosing to her (although she’s very kind) we feel a situation I was trying to keep on top off has been taken out my hands entirely when I was just trying to follow advice

Any others been in similar situations?

OP’s posts: |
imayhavelostmymarbles Thu 06-Aug-20 18:19:49

The safeguarding team are there to support you. They won't alert him. They will be documenting anything you have said to protect you and your child.
Why don't you give her a call back and explain your concerns. This won't be the first time she has dealt.with this type of situation. Good luck

Snappychi Thu 06-Aug-20 18:44:17


I did call her and she said that it was out her hands basically which didn’t fill me with confidence

OP’s posts: |
kickedwhenimdown Thu 06-Aug-20 19:39:20

I’m a social worker @Snappychi ask your nurse to contact who it is allocated to and explain that you are in the process of leaving and the best way to contact you (text, through family/a friend) this is not uncommon at all and Social Services will not want to put you and your children in any danger

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in