Talk

Advanced search

Picking Yourself Up

(8 Posts)
rainythursdaynight Thu 02-Jul-20 20:44:57

I suppose I just need to vent and get some advice.

I usually come across as confident and cheerful and seem to get through what life throws at me.

I've had a particularly bad week during lockdown feeling lonely. I've also had a really bad day at work. Because of my upbringing I tend to doubt my abilities and worry about things.

How can I bounce back?

OP’s posts: |
NoMoreDickheads Thu 02-Jul-20 20:53:45

You could start by having a nice evening(s.) Have some of your favourite foods and drinks and watch something fun etc.

NoMoreDickheads Thu 02-Jul-20 20:55:09

If someone's said/done something to upset you, get angry rather than turning it on yourself unduly.

Patience344 Thu 02-Jul-20 21:03:18

Yep, I heard somewhere that depression is unexpressed anger ( don't quote me, something like that) . Let it out. Put on some music and do something physical. Vent on this thread to imaginary people. Get it out.

rainythursdaynight Thu 02-Jul-20 21:23:23

Thanks for the replies. I'm not depressed, just annoyed with myself for messing up at work.

rainythursdaynight Thu 02-Jul-20 21:23:34

Thanks for the replies. I'm not depressed, just annoyed with myself for messing up at work.

Patience344 Thu 02-Jul-20 21:28:33

Oh, sorry . I didn't mean you were depressed. I'm just saying when you get stressed or angry then letting it out is healthy, and stops you getting depression.

rainythursdaynight Thu 02-Jul-20 21:39:14

@Patience344 no worries and yes you are right

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in