Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is this Ok?

(9 Posts)
anxiousnow Fri 16-Jun-17 10:53:31

I am really out of touch with dating etc. Everything seems different now and less respectful, ghosting for example. Awful imo but common practice.

I met a man a few times, build up over a few months of flirting. Now exchanged numbers and net a few times. Not dates, just casually in the setting I met him in originally. Lots of texts and a bit of kissing cuddling etc.
Before this happened I had been texting another man and we are really overdue to meet. I could meet him this weekend but it feels a bit off to me. I know I am not in a relationship with either if them but is it ok to meet the other guy tonight while the other one thinks things are going to progress.
I have had my confidence really damaged by my marriage and self doubt my decisions a lot so just need some opinions.
Thank you

rizlett Fri 16-Jun-17 10:57:15

Yes this is fine - you are just exploring and finding out more about each guy until you find one that you like enough to take it further - it might be one of these two or not.

Let your self doubt go and enjoy your dating.

ThanksMsMay Fri 16-Jun-17 11:01:37

Yep, ok!

Shoxfordian Fri 16-Jun-17 11:04:15

Yeah it's fine until you have a chat about whether you're exclusive or not

anxiousnow Fri 16-Jun-17 11:09:34

Ok thank you very much. The one I have kissed will ask me what I am up to. Do I say?

HildaOg Fri 16-Jun-17 11:14:23

Just say you're meeting a friend. Until it's exclusive you can date around but it's better not to tell them that.

PollytheDolly Fri 16-Jun-17 11:16:27

Have fun and enjoy! smile

Shoxfordian Fri 16-Jun-17 11:53:36

Yeah you can just say you've been meeting friends

noego Fri 16-Jun-17 16:39:00

You don't belong to anyone and never will. So do what you want to do. Diplomacy might me a good thing if asked if you're seeing anyone else though.
As I am non monogamous. I tell it as it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now