Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does having 3 kiddo's mean I'll be forever single?

(8 Posts)
ScouseBird8364 Mon 15-May-17 10:46:20

Just that really... I'm 33, have 3 DC's (9, 6 & 2)...

Would guys be genuinely put off by this and run for the hills? sad

c3pu Mon 15-May-17 10:51:15

In a word, no.

I happily went out with a mum of 3 a couple of years ago. I'm a dad of two myself.

TheNaze73 Mon 15-May-17 10:53:48

It'll be harder but, not a no at all. I think dating people with children will be easier from experience, as they'll understand they won't be at the centre or your universe & will be generally easy & not hard work. Good luck flowers

IckleWicklePumperNickle Mon 15-May-17 10:55:51

DH's ex has 3 kids and he had none.

She's now happily married to someone else.

It does happen smile

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 15-May-17 11:00:46

When I met dh he was 31 and no dc.
I was ten years older with 10.
Happily married now with a toddler!!
5 years and going strong.
He says he felt privileged to be allowed into our family and works hard to maintain relationships with all of them!
I can honestly say he has never had a fall out with any of them.
It's not about anyone 'taking you all on' it's about finding someone worthy of sharing your family with!!

Pinkheart5917 Mon 15-May-17 11:03:46

No.

Remember Some single men will have dc themselves so will know what it's like to be a parent. And as people get older most have a past so I don't see why even a man without dc would automatically run for the hills.

My cousin's wife had 2 dc when they met and they've been married for years with one of there own now too

birkinboards Tue 16-May-17 22:57:42

I've got 2 kids and my bf has three. I was single for five years before I met him. We moved in together this year and are both really happy. So yes, give it time, but when the right man comes along the fact you have kids won't be an issue.

debbs77 Wed 17-May-17 00:04:11

I Have 6 so I hope not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now