Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

First night after moving out

(7 Posts)
redgreenred Tue 11-Apr-17 08:18:23

Just looking for some hand holding really.
DH desperately wants to make things work between us since our big conversation 2 weeks ago about me not being happy and has got more and more frustrated that I'm not getting with the programme to do that. From the outset I've said I need space to get my thoughts together and decide what I want. I've now got that - I moved out last night for 2 weeks, with shared access to our DC. He messaged me last night to say he feels I've walked out and that things will never be the same whatever I decide.
I woke up this morning feeling panicky and sick. I'm questioning my judgement. Will a break help? I just want clarity about what I want. Do you start to get that with some time apart? I know it's barely 24 hours in, but I could really do with some reassurance that this is going to help me get where I need to be.

redgreenred Tue 11-Apr-17 09:53:04

Anyone?

User39912014 Tue 11-Apr-17 10:03:19

Try not to panic. It's just a big adjustment to your routine.
This was a decision you made, based on a lot of thought. You didn't just randomly pack up and leave.
Everyone goes through this doubt during a break/break up. You left for clarity so go and enjoy yourself.
Don't let what he says influence your decision, you have to be happy.

Adora10 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:17:38

He's not going to blow up if you don't return; you obviously thought long and hard about this and nothing wrong with having a bit space; it wont do any harm at all, stick with it; don't let him manipulate you.

redgreenred Tue 11-Apr-17 19:40:30

Thanks both for your wise words. I'm such a people pleaser (at least with him!) that I keep questioning myself. I feel a bit calmer now - I'm going to stick it out.

User39912014 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:37:57

Hope you're feeling better, OP ❤

user1485984489 Wed 12-Apr-17 11:51:47

Give yourself time and permission to have a few wobbles - this is what having some time and space will help you work through, and exactly why you need it! Hope you feel better soon, whatever you decide to do long-term. flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: