Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should i meet up with ex?

(20 Posts)
Charliepeace83 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:21:14

As the title says? Has anyone met up with their ex and it was a positive experience? did you feel it was worthwhile or did you regret it?

I have nothing to say to him. He's treated me pretty badly. Now he's acting all sweetness and light. Could be an ego thing or perhaps he wants to ensure he feels better about dumping me?

Ilovecaindingle Sun 05-Feb-17 20:22:08

If he treated you badly he isn't worth another minute of your time -

Nellyphants Sun 05-Feb-17 20:25:08

Why bother meet him if he didn't treat you well. What have you got to gain by meeting him.

I'd say let him off, block & ignore

Costacoffeeplease Sun 05-Feb-17 20:25:25

If you have nothing to say to him, then why?

AnyFucker Sun 05-Feb-17 20:26:01

What for ?

MrsDoylesTeabags Sun 05-Feb-17 20:26:06

No, just no!!!!

RedDwarf4 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:27:05

Don't even respond

sofiainwonderland Sun 05-Feb-17 20:27:45

Hell no. He sure as hell doesn't have anything good to say.

OnionKnight Sun 05-Feb-17 20:30:15

Nope, don't do it.

Charliepeace83 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:30:59

I suppose i just want to look like i can handle it and be adult about it.
I just don't know whats in it for him.

I suppose i am still upset by the whole thing and hoping he'll apologies or acknowledge what he did. Silly i know!

bloodyteenagers Sun 05-Feb-17 20:31:54

What's the reason- meet because need to talk about the children - return possessions- divorce court?
If it's for him to stroke his ego about how you will never find someone better than him. Look at me and my life now... Not a chance.

bloodyteenagers Sun 05-Feb-17 20:32:48

If he wanted to acknowledge what he did or to apologize he could send you an email

Charliepeace83 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:35:21

There is nothing that needs to be discussed. I have written a brief letter which i intended to send to him. With the letter i included expensive jewellery and the engagement ring.
He's not expecting me to be so clear cut. Though he ended it he still wants to be 'Friends' when i said it was over and done he ignored my messages.

KinkyAfro Sun 05-Feb-17 20:35:56

He probably wants a shag

AnyFucker Sun 05-Feb-17 20:40:44

Two words is all that is required here

Fuck

and

Off

ImperialBlether Sun 05-Feb-17 20:42:29

He's had his chance. He blew it. Don't go near him.

Charliepeace83 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:43:45

Hahaha! i think i've got my resounding answer.

just don't know how to say 'no' or 'get lost' sad i hate seeming petty.

Costacoffeeplease Sun 05-Feb-17 20:47:19

Block and ignore?

MrDacresEUSubsidy Sun 05-Feb-17 21:07:06

Just don't respond. Ghost him.

The silence will drive him crackers and you get to finish things without sounding 'petty', because you won't be saying anything at all.

I flogged my old engagement ring. It was given to me as a gift - it wasn't his dead great-granny's - so I had no reservations at all about selling it.

ImperialBlether Sun 05-Feb-17 21:12:32

He treated you badly. You don't owe him anything, let alone a response.

Besides which, he'll have more respect for you if you ignore him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now