Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What can I do

(10 Posts)
MotherOfMinions Thu 01-Sep-16 18:00:57

Moved out of XPs house last month and he is refusing to give me back some stuff I left behind. One item is jewellery that belonged to my Nan and has huge sentimental value. I'm guessing the police won't get involved so how can I force him to give me my belongings?

AnyFucker Thu 01-Sep-16 18:03:41

Why wouldn't the police get involved ? That is theft.

Personally, I would just go round there and get the jewelry. If necessary, with a couple of burly blokes who wouldn't think twice about destroying his kneecaps.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Thu 01-Sep-16 18:04:13

Yes the police would get involved. Call 101.

MotherOfMinions Thu 01-Sep-16 18:05:44

I don't know any burly blokes, AnyFucker! Also, he has electric gates so once I get in he might not let me out again shock

MotherOfMinions Thu 01-Sep-16 18:07:00

What if he just denied having them?

BeMorePanda Thu 01-Sep-16 18:07:10

Go back there with the police. It's theft.

MotherOfMinions Thu 01-Sep-16 18:09:25

Would the police come with me? I thought they don't get involved in domestic disputes

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Thu 01-Sep-16 18:12:35

The police will attend while you collect belongings.

MotherOfMinions Thu 01-Sep-16 18:24:26

Thanks for the advice everyone.

BeMorePanda Tue 06-Sep-16 10:40:15

Have you got your Nan's jewelry back Mother?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now