Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Did I do something wrong really ?

(22 Posts)
Pisssssedofff Thu 18-Aug-16 15:24:04

So met this guy, tinder, rolls eyes. Had a good night on Friday I'll spare you the details. He text me on Saturday morning but no plans made to see me again, all pleasant though.
So I get messages through from some other guy who I respond to not in a dirty or even flirty way tbh.
First guy sent me a copy of these messages through today, calling me a player, saying trust is a big thing for him and I can't be trusted. I'm trying to decide if I'm a complete fuck up or if I did nothing wrong.
I've lost count of the number of bloody first dates I've had where the evening goes brilliantly and I never hear from them again. I think I've become a total cynic.

ElspethFlashman Thu 18-Aug-16 15:25:59

Wait, so it was the first guy catfishing you???

Lucky escape.

And no, you did nothing wrong. One shag does not a boyfriend make.

Pisssssedofff Thu 18-Aug-16 15:27:48

He says not, that he was just comparing matches with a mate - sounds like a crock of shit doesn't it ?

JenLindley Thu 18-Aug-16 15:28:02

So he got his mate to send you messages to test you after one date and he has the nerve to talk about trust!

He's a scary bastard is what he is and I hope you didn't have him in your house or tell him where it is. Block him and move on.

JenLindley Thu 18-Aug-16 15:29:21

And no you did nothing wrong. Who the fuck commits to anyone after one tinder date?

Pisssssedofff Thu 18-Aug-16 15:29:39

I spent the last hour apologising then the penny dropped and I'm like what the fuck

ElspethFlashman Thu 18-Aug-16 15:30:05

Oh please. That's shite. He had a copy of the messages. Blokes don't send each other copies of their Tinder messages.

JenLindley Thu 18-Aug-16 15:30:06

Apologising for what??

KatsutheClockworkOctopus Thu 18-Aug-16 15:30:29

You did nothing wrong. I think it's lucky he showed his true colours early on - saved you wasting any more time on someone who clearly has deep seated issues.

JenLindley Thu 18-Aug-16 15:31:03

Tell him he's a creepy fucker and you'll be telling everyone that knows him. Did you have any mutual FB friends?

TheNaze73 Thu 18-Aug-16 15:31:08

Sounds like a set up to me, by a spineless player who's seen you as a one & done & has either got another profile or a friend to do his dirty work.
Can understand your cynicism & I know some people have success on Tinder but, are you fishing in the wrong pool? All the single guys at work who use Tinder, have dates & shags coming out of their ears (not literally) and none of them are serious or more importantly, want anything serious. One guy, who is by know means Hugh Hefner & I do trust what he says, has slept for 5 different woman in a fortnight. Maybe try a specific relationship dating sight??
Good luck OP flowers

Pisssssedofff Thu 18-Aug-16 15:31:53

I honestly think I've lost sight of what's normal any more I'm not cut out for all this im really not

plimsolls Thu 18-Aug-16 15:32:28

You had a lucky escape, I think.

I hope he doesn't now contact you (as himself) to "offer you another chance" either.

Run like the wind if he does.

DixieWishbone Thu 18-Aug-16 15:33:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

glitterwhip Thu 18-Aug-16 15:33:31

He got his mate to message you to see how you'd respond ..he's massive bellend and you need to block the pair of them

Pisssssedofff Thu 18-Aug-16 15:34:56

I have blocked both ...,I wouldn't mind but he wasn't even my dream boy anyway. Why do I attract these people ?

JenLindley Thu 18-Aug-16 15:42:02

Meh, there's just that many of them unfortunately. Adjust your radar a touch and get back out there. Your gut is your best indicator so listen to it if it even flutters.

MarcelineTheVampire Thu 18-Aug-16 15:52:59

You've done absolutely nothing wrong so please stop apologising immediately.

Now you've blocked him, put him out of your mind. I would get off tinder and try another saying site as it is renowned for blokes wanting to shag.

Grannypants1 Thu 18-Aug-16 15:58:50

So you have to stop dating after one date with him. Scary red flag. Should have just told him if he liked it then he should've put a ring on it and beyonce'd away.

Pisssssedofff Thu 18-Aug-16 16:07:41

Pmsl Granny ☺️
Awww thanks I'm having a right day, resigned from my job, as was misold it. Set free by the loon 🙄

Grannypants1 Thu 18-Aug-16 16:09:38

Look at it as a good day. You have dodged two shitty bullets and allowed yourself the chance for two much better opportunities

Pisssssedofff Thu 18-Aug-16 16:16:34

This is true. PMA ☺️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now