Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

LTB is the truth if he is abusive...

(5 Posts)
Iflyaway Sat 16-Jul-16 20:07:07

I've been through abusive relationships, so this is triggering....

Please. Don't stay with a man (woman) who abuses you. You could lose your life.

So sad about this...

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/16/helen-bailey-partner-ian-stewart-charged-murder-royston

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Sat 16-Jul-16 20:11:24

The problem is when you're in an abusive relationship a lot of the time you don't even know it.

It wasn't until I escaped and look back that I realise how bad the abuse I suffered was.

I'm also very sad to read about Helen. Nobody should have to suffer what she has.

GirlOverboard Sat 16-Jul-16 20:19:12

He's innocent until proven guilty so it's probably best not to discuss this case whilst it's still ongoing. Very sad to hear that a body has been found however, she sounded like such a nice person.

Iflyaway Sat 16-Jul-16 20:20:23

So true Elsa.

I am very interested in the Stockholm Syndrome about this been there, done that

Iflyaway Sat 16-Jul-16 20:25:46

Oh sorry, Girl. Of course. Not proven until guilty.

This is just a general thread about women in relationships with an abusive guy(s) and how you could find yourself buried at the bottom of the garden

I personally did a great thing in moving very far away..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now