Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He's having a laugh surely!

(4 Posts)
tornandhurt Thu 16-Jun-16 13:19:37

So I've posted a few times previously. Long story short to summarise:

STBXH and I are still under the same roof. He still lies, he still tries to play happy family's and tell me he loves me blah blah blah. He still lies to his parents and makes out I'm the devil........we're due in court next week - 1st hearing in financial settlement.......how I don't know as despite me completing my paperwork and sending, I'm yet to receive his! - he's not done it! Not unusual I hear you say, except this was at HIS instigation. He didn't like my proposed settlement.

Roll forward to today - our anniversary. He's called from outside my work to ask if I want to go for some lunch and a drink. WTAF? on your way love!

How to you deal with this shit, its been 18 months now and I cant quite believe I'm still sane!

Attheendofmytether1 Thu 16-Jun-16 13:34:36

Hi. My husband has just told me he wants to separate and is proposing the same thing. ie that he lives in our marital home with me and our four kids but we don't interact with each other!
Please tell me, this is likely to be hellish right? Especially as I don't want to separate.

adora1 Thu 16-Jun-16 13:39:43

Do any of these men consider their poor children in all this façade, I'd never advocate this set up, it always ends up in more distress, more upset.

OP, why do you even care what he is saying, you need to disengage and get separated permanently asap.

tornandhurt Thu 16-Jun-16 13:59:53

Attheend - my advice try to get formally and properly separated ASAP. It doesn't do anyone any favours!

Adora.....I fully accept I need to be tougher. This entire situation isn't helped because none of this was my choice and I've been a mug and allowed him to play games with his feelings and pandered to him.

Living under the same roof is a must right now until the financials are resolved. He has dragged his feet on this for months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now