Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Where to look, online dating

(4 Posts)
BoyFromTheBigBadCity Sun 05-Jun-16 00:21:19

I've been on tinder and okcupid. Had several dates from both. I'm considering getting a subscription, or trying a different site.

I would like a relationship, but I'm more interested in meeting new people and having a chat/coffee/drink.

Any suggestions of another site?

lavenderhoney Sun 05-Jun-16 01:20:43

You could try your local meet up site? Or a new hobby like running, walking, climbing, or maybe the local museum does talks etc, with drinks after. There used to be a thing called dinner clubs, where you joined and met people at lovely restaurants- you would be with any age but everyone there to chat.

Montane50 Sun 05-Jun-16 02:06:13

I tried fitness for singles -full of arrogant men with posh bikes. Then subscribed to Match, quite good but met my dp on Pof. Im a member of a running club, but found most men there were married or ugly 😅

LellyMcKelly Sun 05-Jun-16 04:07:14

I subscribed to Match, went on 11 dates (including 6 in one week which was exhausting) and then met DP. We've been together now for a year and I couldn't be happier. Know what you want, have a strong sense of self worth, and enjoy it for what it is, and have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now