Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Hard to keep it up

(11 Posts)
Dorsetmama Sun 27-Dec-15 17:13:14

Basically, to cut a long story short (see thread!"Not sure if im being abused or manipulated... " if you want back story) i am in the process of planning to leave my dp.
He can seemingly sense that all is not well and has grown clingy, overly affectionate and will not stop trying to probe my head and wants continous conversations about us, or how im making him feel....

Ive got to straighten myself out before i can split up with him... So i have some time. And it's really hard!! I either have to force myself to be fake and affectionate and loving etc... Like everything is normal, or i go with my instinct and distance myself, mostly disinterested in him and what he has to say etc... But then i have to deal with all the shit mentioned above. I can't stand to have hourly conversations about how hard he is trying and how horrible im coming off, and how tense it all is.
Bleurgh.

springydaffs Sun 27-Dec-15 19:09:07

Girl, fake it. Act your socks off.

You can do it!

springydaffs Sun 27-Dec-15 19:10:42

You don't have to be loving btw. Just fake the right stuff in a generic sense.

What a pest he is.

Dorsetmama Sun 27-Dec-15 20:09:27

I guesd i can do it.
I'll be up for a Bafta at the end though!

Dorsetmama Sun 27-Dec-15 20:09:50

*guess

springydaffs Sun 27-Dec-15 20:13:30

You and me both darling fwink

In fact, I am slightly horrified at how good I am at it.

No matter. Needs must flowers

Dorsetmama Sun 27-Dec-15 20:16:46

So glad its not just me!!

Dorsetmama Sun 27-Dec-15 20:17:48

Sorry... That came off rather uncaring!!
I am of course sorry that you're going through something.
Its a comfort to think someone else is dealing with the same stuff though, sometimes

Lopsidale Sun 27-Dec-15 20:30:34

Oh my gosh I could have could wrote this word for word. I don't know what to do either.

springydaffs Sun 27-Dec-15 20:31:39

No worries. My situ is done and dusted but I have used the same skills in a number of situs since. It's a good skill to learn - as much as I am a straight as a die sort by nature. It doesn't do to let some people know what you're really thinking/feeling. Heart on your sleeve? Leaves you too vulnerable to getting done over by ruthless types.

Dorsetmama Mon 28-Dec-15 09:06:49

Youre right about that springdaffs it certainly does.
I will put my best face on today. Meh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now