Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Little Christmas fling - how to not get attached?

(6 Posts)
pompster Thu 24-Dec-15 15:04:36

Was reunited with a work colleague last night during Christmas drinks, and there was a definite spark and he admitted to fancying me when we worked together.
We shared quite a few cheeky snogs and went off to another bar alone. I so could have taken him home shock but I had to be good as my DS was due back to me this morning!
We both want things to go further. HOWEVER he works abroad for most of the year and is going back there in 2 weeks. So we can't really do the relationship thing.
I really want to have some fun but I'm worried about getting emotionally attached as sex tends to create love where I'm involved!
Do I go for it and enjoy, live for the moment? or steer well away? I've been single for a few months now and would love a little bit of excitement wink

TheSnowFairy Thu 24-Dec-15 15:14:02

If he is single, go for it and enjoy the next couple of weeks.

Not much point in worrying about what happens after that!

pompster Thu 24-Dec-15 15:17:23

He is definitely single! Eeeek!!

meoryou Thu 24-Dec-15 15:33:48

go for it - enjoy yourself and don't look too far in the future.
Best of luck !!

flatbellyfella Thu 24-Dec-15 16:01:23

Be safe & enjoy..... No babies !!!

PrizeyPrize Thu 24-Dec-15 19:02:51

go for it OP! and have lots of fun! Just play it cool, no expectations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now