Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My friend kept trying to kiss me on night out...

(19 Posts)
greener2 Fri 13-Nov-15 23:26:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

timelytess Fri 13-Nov-15 23:30:01

I'm just in from seeing a couple of women friends. Neither tried to kiss me. I feel some relief at that.

greener2 Fri 13-Nov-15 23:32:53

cuntycowfacemonkey Fri 13-Nov-15 23:35:35

I'd address in the same way as an unwanted physical advance from a male. Tell her that her behaviour was unwanted, inappropriate and being drunk is no excuse.

greener2 Fri 13-Nov-15 23:37:00

Trills Fri 13-Nov-15 23:56:39

Is this a one-off thing, or has it happened before?

Have you tried asking her "why are you doing this?"

I'd agree with cuntycow that the best thing to say is "stop doing that, I don't want that"

greener2 Sat 14-Nov-15 09:16:18

Merguez Sat 14-Nov-15 09:20:41

She fancies you. Obviously.

ALaughAMinute Sat 14-Nov-15 09:21:31

It's pretty obvious she fancies you but it seems a bit odd that she tried to kiss you in front of everybody. Was she drunk?

SmashleyHop Sat 14-Nov-15 09:25:14

I had a friend that did this to me once. She was trying to get my then BF's attention. For some reason she thought he would be turned on by seeing two girls kiss. Actually after I broke it off with him a few months later they got together! So maybe she was right... Still glad to be rid of them both.

Offred Sat 14-Nov-15 09:29:15

No different to a man doing it. Don't go along with it, tell her it is not acceptable.

greener2 Sat 14-Nov-15 09:57:30

Atenco Sat 14-Nov-15 13:42:34

Well it depends. If you made it clear that you were not interested and she kept on she crossed a serious line.

Glitterbauble Sat 14-Nov-15 17:51:34

I think you need to calm down about it tbh as you said she was really drunk, just have a sober chat to her that your flattered but not intrested in her in that way. No reason to ruin the friendship imo

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 14-Nov-15 17:53:58

Probably just a drunken mistake. I wouldn't throw away an otherwise good friendship over that.

Isetan Sat 14-Nov-15 18:34:17

WTAF! Why should the OP say she's flattered when she clearly isn't. Talk to her when she's sober and tell her she was bang out of order, being drunk is not an excuse.

Glitterbauble Sat 14-Nov-15 18:40:35

Well they are friends and there is nothing wrong with being nice about it the friend was really drunk and maybe confused about her sexuality and the lines got blurred somewhat. I'm not saying accept it as OK, for sure make it clear you are not interested but there is no reason to fall out with her just yet if she keeps on after a chat then there is right to be pissed off

greener2 Sat 14-Nov-15 19:17:43

VestalVirgin Sat 14-Nov-15 21:16:44

That would be the sensible thing to do. I certainly would not stay friends with a man who tried to kiss me, drunk or not.

You are the only one who can know if she seemed to think you wanted it, or was just trying to get away with something you clearly didn't want ... if the latter, I'd definitely end the friendship.

Also, maybe you should tell her to re-think her marriage. Can't be too happy if she thinks kissing a woman would be better ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now