Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

First date venue recommendations (London)?

(8 Posts)
Kissmetillitingle Fri 17-Jul-15 22:57:50

Recommendations sought for a red hot first date in north London. Looking for relaxed, inexpensive, not posh. Somewhere where we can just chill. Preferably not Primrose hill/Hampstead heath/Spaniards. Somewhere near a bit open space would be nice? Anywhere off the beaten track? ta

bigbumbrunette Fri 17-Jul-15 23:01:35

I once went on a first date at the Natural History Museum. It was one of my best dates ever!

QueenQueenie Fri 17-Jul-15 23:02:24

Drapers Arms, pub in Islington? Lovely garden and food.
Morito, Exmouth Market (can sit outside).
Granger, Clerkenwell (no outside space but light and airy).

Epilepsyhelp Fri 17-Jul-15 23:05:42

So has a date been set kissme ?!

Kissmetillitingle Fri 17-Jul-15 23:21:46

Nope, no first date set yet. I am just checking out venues so I'm prepared. Hoping he's just sitting on his hands at home repeating I must not email her yet & appear too keen - or that he's suddenly come over all shy now he's confronted with the prospect of a real live woman dropped into his lap!

Don't worry, after 20years, if this comes off I shall set off bloody fireworks grin The whole of MN will know about it. <slinks back into the corner>

Balders74 Fri 17-Jul-15 23:48:50

How did you meet Kissme? Have everything crossed for you.

Sophiste Sat 18-Jul-15 00:04:12

Perhaps one of the Benugo park cafes -e.g. The Regent's in Regent's Park or Fields in Lincoln's Inn Fields. I know the latter isn't really north London but otherwise it fits your brief well. Very chilled, open all day, pizza oven, surrounded by park & tennis courts.

beaglesaresweet Sat 18-Jul-15 00:49:41

Highgate village - if daytime and you want low-key then go to Waterlow park with a cafe there (it's better than standard park cafes) or one of the pubs in the village if evening and you can stroll around afterwards without it being crowded..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now