Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

People who constantly try to 'fix' everything

(7 Posts)
Horsemad Sat 15-Nov-14 10:27:46

Work colleague of mine; she's a lovely person but I'm exhausted by her need to sort out everyone's problems!
Doesn't matter who it is or what the problem, she dives in, trying to fix it for them.
Thing is, she then ends up stressed! This can't be good for her. She's very practical and one of life's 'doers', but should I try and get her to step back a bit or leave her to it?

Greta28 Sat 15-Nov-14 12:18:09

Sounds like you're trying to fix her problems...

Isawmommykissingsantaclaus14 Sat 15-Nov-14 14:12:25

I think some people are just made that way. I have a friend like your friend and she can't help getting involved. I don't think you can do much about it. It's her life.

Gumnast2014 Sat 15-Nov-14 14:21:03

People pleasers
Codependents

A lot of stuff out there to read and they need to come to their own conclusion that they can't fix everything
Drives me mad too

dadwood Sat 15-Nov-14 14:22:36

Horsemad her need to sort out everyone's problems! I am guilty of this!

Lweji Sat 15-Nov-14 14:27:13

Don't tell her your problems.

On the other hand, you can't change her, although you could point it out to her. Perhaps she will seek help.

Horsemad Sat 15-Nov-14 15:31:20

Greta28, ha! I thought that when I read my post back! grin

It is just so wearing, listening to her getting so over involved.

Lweji, hmmm I realised early on that would be pointless.
She'd only met my DH once and then had a right old chinwag about something I'd mentioned when she bumped into him in town hmm
Ok, it wasn't a secret but I'd have probably said 'hi' and carried on.

I might tell her she's over involved in stuff - be interesting to see what she thinks...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now