Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Quick Divorce Petition Question - Court fees

(4 Posts)
Monny Mon 03-Nov-14 13:07:18

I have finally put together my petition for divorce and it's ready to go, go, go. DH pushed me this morning (no physical harm done, in fact I am grateful for his arrogance as it has put a firecracker up MY arse to GET OUT OF THIS). Anyway, I decided to claim costs from him. Does that mean I pay the court fees now and might get them back later?

thanks

Hesaysshewaffles Mon 03-Nov-14 15:32:02

I'm not sure about the legal side but my ex signed to say he'd pay, but I waited for him to transfer the money before I wrote te cheques

lavenderhoney Mon 03-Nov-14 21:49:25

You might want to post in legal, but it sounds like you should just go ahead anyway.

Monny Tue 04-Nov-14 19:56:01

Thanks and sorry for wrong posting. I have decided to take the papers to the court myself tomorrow and ask. TBH, £410 is a very big sum for me, but even if I don't get it back I hope it will be worth every penny (feeling quite queasy with nerves).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now