Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

late back worried

(12 Posts)
bossmum41 Sun 23-Mar-14 17:58:51

ex has kids this weekend ive been away and tried ringing kids all mobile of his are off (not unusual) ive text his mother no reply (not unusual).
they are now an hour late tried calling all numbers and his family ,no answer. said I will give till 6pm and then call police, can I? is it silly? its not the first time he has been late .

EdithWeston Sun 23-Mar-14 18:03:27

Poor you!

When you say he's often late, how much time is typical?

Hassled Sun 23-Mar-14 18:05:39

If he's usually late but then shows up eventually, calling the police seems OTT. And if anything had happened (I don't know what's going through your mind but I'm guessing you're thinking an accident or something?) then someone would have got in touch with you.

mammadiggingdeep Sun 23-Mar-14 18:15:14

Are you ok op? What are you thinking of doing now? Call them if it will calm you.

bossmum41 Sun 23-Mar-14 18:27:38

he has just rang from his work phone he said he is at his office with the kids and doing homework. I left a message saying if you don't call in 5 minutes im calling police, I left that message on his mobile ,he just said his phone was left at his flat. mmmmmm????????? well how come you have just rang me on your mobile then? from your office????
he said he will be back in 10.
hes playing games with me, what a !!!!!!

handfulofcottonbuds Sun 23-Mar-14 18:58:15

I'm sorry you were worried but glad they're all okay.

Maybe set some guidelines down?

bossmum41 Sun 23-Mar-14 19:00:38

ha I have tried he just likes to be in control.

handfulofcottonbuds Sun 23-Mar-14 19:03:14

He can't be where your DCs are concerned. Especially if he knows you'll call the police next time. Your DCs are not toys to be played games with. I'm sure you're strong with him in that but maybe he needs a reminder.

I am glad they're okay though thanks

bossmum41 Sun 23-Mar-14 19:27:29

thanks xxx

mammadiggingdeep Sun 23-Mar-14 19:28:40

Glad they're ok.

Keep a record of all these incidents.

X

mineofuselessinformation Sun 23-Mar-14 19:41:42

If he picks them up from yours, go out and 'accidentally' be late so he has to wait for you....
My ex was consistently late picking up and bringing back until I did this - he didn't like having a taste of his own medicine.

bossmum41 Sun 23-Mar-14 20:06:22

ive done that a few times he just doesn't wait x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now