Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to tell H I think he need therapy?

(3 Posts)
Smeghead Sun 07-Oct-12 13:24:40

He has major issues going back to his childhood that have affected him ever since.

Its gone too far now, and I think that proper therapy would help him confront the issues and deal with them, but how do you tell someone that without it sounding like you are questioning their mental health, which is how he will take it.

skyebluesapphire Sun 07-Oct-12 13:35:36

Difficult. One thing coming out of my counselling is the issues that STBXH has from his childhood. He needs counselling but it is no longer my place to suggest it.

I think you need to find a quiet time and start the conversation in a way that he does not feel attacked

hoopieghirl Sun 07-Oct-12 15:30:58

Pick your moment in a non threatening supportive way. However you can't force someone into counselling needs to come from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now