Talk

Advanced search

Little Women

(10 Posts)
DoctorTwo Fri 27-Jan-17 11:26:03

I've really loved listening to this over the past two weeks. I haven't read the book (must remedy that), but I knew Jo was in love possibly before she did.

MrsArthurShappey Fri 27-Jan-17 13:15:01

It was lovely wasn't it? Very well done.

Vango Fri 27-Jan-17 19:29:41

I loved it too.

Optimist1 Fri 27-Jan-17 20:14:52

It made me remember why I had so loved the book when I was a lot younger. We're so fortunate to have the BBC, aren't we?

OverAndAbove Fri 27-Jan-17 20:19:30

Yes! This is how I feel about the BBC. How else could this have been made? It's been a lovely series

Timetogetup0630 Sat 28-Jan-17 22:27:33

I ready the book when I was about 10. Didn't understand a word.
The radio play brought it all to life for me.

Chottie Sun 29-Jan-17 12:12:42

I loved it too.....

If you haven't read the book please do and then go on to read the rest of the series....... Good Wives, Little Men and Jo's Boys....

mailfuckoff Sun 29-Jan-17 12:15:03

There's a film too that's quite true to the film. It's got winona Ryder , Christian bale and some others in it. Covers the first two books

Iwantacampervan Sun 29-Jan-17 13:11:51

Another good adaptation - I listened to the omnibus on R4 extra so I heard 5 episodes in one go which helps my concentration on the story/characters. I read the book a while ago and have the others in the series so they'll be on the list to read.
I borrowed 'Behind a Mask' from the library yesterday - a novel by LM Alcott but a different style.

Vango Sun 29-Jan-17 22:37:58

There's a film too that's quite true to the film. It's got winona Ryder , Christian bale and some others in it

But that's the joy of radio. My characters don't look like anyone else's. 😉

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now