Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Holiday pushchair with good sunshade

(9 Posts)
omama Fri 15-Apr-16 07:13:43

We're going on hols & need to take a pushchair for 18 month old DD. We already have a maclaren quest sport which is light & has a carry strap. Its well used so not bothered about it getting bashed on the plane. However its very tippy, doesn't lie flat or have a very big hood for sunshade.

Any suggestions for a pushchair that ticks all the boxes?

Thanks

lucy101101 Fri 15-Apr-16 07:25:07

Hi there I was given something like this that I used constantly:

www.amazon.co.uk/i-Safe-Buggy-Shade-Universal-Canopy-Complete-Storage/dp/B00BPRTLAC/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1460701233&sr=1-1&keywords=universal+sun+buggy+shade

I used to pull it low over the buggy own hood when they wanted a sleep or it was very sunny and it was just brilliant. There are various about.

Regards buggy, I am a big fan of the Quinny Zapp (one of the ones does lie flat) and also the Micralite buggies. I pushed a Quest around Ikea this week and won't do it again! The Quinny in particular is just a joy to push and I think it's the only buggy that fits in the overhead locker on a plane. The micralite is just a brilliant all round buggy.

Paddingtonthebear Fri 15-Apr-16 07:45:25

Uppababy G Luxe has a pull out SPF 60 sun canopy. Great to push and one of the lightest buggies available

www.pramcentre.co.uk/uppababy-g-luxe-stroller/14054

Paddingtonthebear Fri 15-Apr-16 07:47:56

Babyzen Yoyo is the only buggy that is authorised to be stored in plane overhead locker. Doesn't have a big sun hood though.

The zeta vooom has a massive hood. It's not as nice as the uppababy to push but is still good and great value

baby-travel.uk.com/products/copy-of-baby-pushchair-stroller-zeta-vooom-black?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=309257739&gclid=CPyLs5qGkMwCFRUW0wodA34Lxg

Zaurak Fri 15-Apr-16 14:10:59

How about this? lekmer.se/barn-och-baby/barnvagnar/resevagnar-paraplysulkys/carena-kobbe-sulky-2016-tar

Or this : m.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/36229/ghhdg/Milla-Mans-SoMa-matkarattaat-musta

omama Fri 15-Apr-16 16:29:07

Some great ideas thanks. Didnt realise Uppababy did a regular stroller - I have a vista & the sun canopy is fab so will be interested to look. Like the look of the add on sun shade too - would be a cheap & cheerful way of solving the issue. Thanks again

Paddingtonthebear Fri 15-Apr-16 17:27:29

Yes I had a vista and loved it.
Got a Maclaren and hated it. Got a Quinny zapp and didn't like that either. Silver Cross Pop, tried that too and didn't like it.
Was about to buy the Uppababy G Luxe but then found an amazing deal on a baby zen Yoyo so went for that instead. Def think in terms of umbrella buggies the G Luxe is the best.

omama Fri 15-Apr-16 20:11:46

I'm not over keen on my maclaren either, though tbh its the one dd is happiest to sit in! I've been looking online today & wondering if umbrella fold are the easiest sort to travel with, or if people opt for things like bjcm or m&p armadillo for good sun coverage too.

Paddingtonthebear Fri 15-Apr-16 22:55:17

BJCM over anything from mamas and papas any day! Far superior quality

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now