Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Rain Cover for Baby Jogger Deluxe Carry Cot

(6 Posts)
GingerDoesntHelp Sun 17-Jan-16 09:06:03

I have the deluxe carry cot to go on the city versa frame but Baby Jogger don't make a cover for the carry cot. Has anyone bought a cover for their deluxe carry cot that they would recommend?

gillyweed Sun 17-Jan-16 09:13:54

Is it the same as the deluxe carrycot for the bjcm gt? This is what I have. Not used it in a while but I'm almost positive the rain cover that comes with the buggy fits it - I think I played around with it at home before I went out, it might not fit it perfectly but the baby certainly didn't get wet!

Hufflepuffin Sun 17-Jan-16 11:26:53

It's one raincover for the carrycot and seat unit, I think?

GingerDoesntHelp Sun 17-Jan-16 16:47:40

Ah. I'll have a look at the pushchair cover then. Thanks.

moggle Sun 17-Jan-16 19:14:51

I managed without a rain cover last winter but it wasn't as wet as this one's been I guess. If you do the apron up all the way, in front of the hood, and pull the sunshade bit out of the hood then it's almost impossible for rain to get to the baby. The water beads off the Lycra fabric so shouldn't seep in. I walked a lot from December to April but did generally try to avoid the worst wet weather, I do remember one time I absolutely had to walk for twenty minutes in heavy almost horizontal rain and DD stayed completely dry.
Anyway if you are lazy like me or the pushchair cover doesn't fit that well, the baby should stay nice and dry anyway.

Hufflepuffin Mon 18-Jan-16 08:35:20

Before we got the raincover, I also tried just putting a maxi cosi car seat over the hood opening, it just about worked! As someone else said, you don't really need the raincover but when it's really wet and windy it's nice to be able to tuck the baby up out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now