Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

folding pushchair for large 2yold

(8 Posts)
JollyGolightly Sat 18-Oct-14 22:25:45

I want my hall back! The Phil and Ted's has been sold and I want to send the ancient britax to a farm. We borrowed a fab chicco liteway for a holiday, but the boy is on the weight cusp. Is there a really robust umbrella fold out there?

addictedtosugar Sun 19-Oct-14 18:28:22

If he's heading up to 15kg, he will be out of the tested weight range for most standard strollers.
Our Maclaran is now 5 yrs old, and pretty much retired. However it managed 5 yr old DS1 (slightly built) with chicken pox earlier this year (was hard work pushing it up hill tho).
I'd recommend getting something that looks sturdy, and only paying a little bit of attention to the weights. If you like the chicco, go for it.

MrsM2509 Mon 20-Oct-14 08:32:05

Not an umbrella fold but bj City mini?

JenSmith1508 Wed 22-Oct-14 13:29:17

Also not an umbrella fold but my icandy raspberry folds really small and takes up virtually no room in my hall plus goes up to 15kg which suits both DD and DS

Squtternutbaush Wed 22-Oct-14 13:35:15

Baby Jogger City Mini GT.

Tiggywunkle Wed 22-Oct-14 16:06:05

A Kiddy City n Move? It's not an umbrella fold but I also concur with the Baby Jogger City Mini / GT or the iCandy Raspberry.
Just remember pushchairs are only tested to 15kgs here in the UK to go on sale. Beyond that, you will void any warranty, but it doesn't mean that a pushchair won't hold more weight that 15kgs. Sometimes you find a more 'true' weight on the manufacturer's websites or a US website (for Baby Jogger). Easywalker have good weight limits for example. They do a Mini Buggy which may be worth looking at.

BlinkAndMiss Sat 08-Nov-14 21:43:26

M&P Armadillo has a large seat unit and folds with one motion although it's not an umbrella fold. Not sure of the weight limit but my large 2yo has loads of room and it folds very easily. I bought it because I didn't like the umbrella fold pushchairs I tried.

Victoria2002 Sun 09-Nov-14 23:38:15

Maclaren XT? Cheap & Cheerful but I find them well designed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now