Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pushchair for older toddlers

(23 Posts)
onetwothreefourfive Sat 22-Sep-12 21:30:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ihateparties Sat 22-Sep-12 21:51:50

As a starting point, what don't you like about the BJCM (normally when someone asks this question there is a big rush to recommend it) smile

onetwothreefourfive Sat 22-Sep-12 22:35:43

RandomMess Sat 22-Sep-12 22:38:33

I'd be sending that back for a refund!!!

Is that the city mini? I think you need something more substantial, Like a proper 3 wheeler.

Some of the older models are actually the best, I had an old XTS twister and a phil & Ted explorer (original nowt like the new ones) they were fab fab fab

RandomMess Sat 22-Sep-12 22:41:53

Actually you need a Bob revolution... it's just finding one in the UK...

RandomMess Sat 22-Sep-12 22:42:29

The swivel wheel version of this

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOB-Sport-Utility-Stroller-Jogging-Running-Pushchair-3-wheeler-/180978080667?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item2a23225b9b

RandomMess Sat 22-Sep-12 22:51:01

These are great - think the photo is distorted

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EasyLife-Sport-Pushchair-buggy-/320984876879?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item4abc30874f

onetwothreefourfive Sat 22-Sep-12 22:51:04

tutu100 Sat 22-Sep-12 22:54:30

have you considered a nipper 360? I have the version 1 and it is fab. It's very light for a 3 wheeler (8kg I think), also I have used it on virtually every terrain and it is brilliant,but I think it has a smaller footprint than most 3 wheelers. I still use it for ds2 who is 3.9 years when we do a 3 mile walk once a week. He's 102 cms tall and still fits in it comfortably.

RandomMess Sat 22-Sep-12 22:58:37

I had really tall children (ironically I'm short) the niper 360 is a good compromise as is the Bob revolution as it folds completely different.

Other than that a graco mirage? It's very light, large wheels so surprisingly easy to push and cheap! Also the graco citi sport - quite hard to get hold of but a tiny footprint easy to push and steer even with a huge child in!

RandomMess Sat 22-Sep-12 23:00:25

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stroller-Graco-Citisport-Sport-Luxe-/261064747397?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item3cc8abe985

onetwothreefourfive Sat 22-Sep-12 23:05:37

5inthebed Sat 22-Sep-12 23:06:57

Nipper 360 isa good 3 wheeler and quite compact. I prefer the older version to the newer adjustable handle though.

Ihateparties Sat 22-Sep-12 23:22:58

How narrow would it have to be for buses?

Now there has been lots of extra info I find that I am looking for something pretty similar to you. Robust, good on terrain but not massive.

My rather random suggestion would be an airbuggy mimi if you can track one down. They're very light to push apparently and 55cm wide so 5cm narrower than the nipper and similar stuff like MBs etc. Someone near me had one for years, I saw it all the time and it did look compact <making myself fancy one again>

ihearttc Sun 23-Sep-12 16:28:49

I have a Nipper 360...mine is the V2 which has got the adjustable handlebars which was essential for me as Im such a midget.

I absolutely love it apart from one thing...the straps are enormous on it. Ive spoken to OutnAbout numerous times about it and the consensus seems to be that yes they are massive but I have to deal with it. I do have a dinky 22 month old though so on a slightly older child it wouldn't be a problem at all.

Its really easy to push and fits in our boot quite easily-we've got a VW Golf if that helps?

Tiggywunkle Sun 23-Sep-12 16:41:17

The long straps on the Nipper are ridiculous. They are too long for a four year old, let alone a 6/9/12 month old. They are really not safe and I wish Out n About would address making them shorter.

ihearttc Sun 23-Sep-12 19:13:54

They are still driving me absolutely nuts Tiggy but Im all out of fight with argueing with Out n About over it.

Ive managed a way to loop the harness under the strap on the seat unit and then through the top harness slot (if that makes any sense at all!?) which takes about 4cm off the length but even then it's still too big for him. I tried a winter coat on him yesterday and then put him in the pushchair and I could still get my whole arm between him and the harness.

Its so frustrating as they genuinely believe Im lying and there is no way the straps could be that big!

Ihateparties Sun 23-Sep-12 19:47:02

Jane straps are stupidly long but not as long as it sounds like the nipper ones are!

StetsonsAreCool Sun 23-Sep-12 20:49:28

Have you thought about a Britax B Agile?

I picked that over the City Mini having tried them both out and directly compared them to each other in the shop. I bought it the week they were released, and I have completely failed to destroy it. I love it. Very similar to the BJCM in many ways, but it was just 'better' for me. And still is. DD loves it too - she won't go in our old B Smart now, and having forced her into that one today I can see why (she was very uncomfortable in it).

tutu100 Sun 23-Sep-12 22:09:35

I don't recall not being able to make my nipper straps small enough, I have the v1 I wonder if they made them longer for the version2?

Tiggywunkle Mon 24-Sep-12 01:32:09

The Jane ones are STUPIDLY long....my youngest could probably wrap the excess around him twice - but he loved playing with the loose ends on the Twone! But at least the modern (not the old) Jane's have harnesses which can be pulled tight. The older Jane harnesses couldn't be pulled tight and are probably worse than the Nipper ones.

I dont mind long harnesses that can be pulled tight, but to have a harness that can not be tightened to keep a child safe is ridiculous. If the Nipper harness is hanging off an almost 4 year old, then its not safe for a younger child. I have seen a child caterpulted out of a pushchair when it tipped, and indeed my own son's pushchair tipped a few months ago. Harnesses are there for a reason - to keep a child safe and secure - and IMHO all pushchairs should have harnesses that can be fully tightened - 2 fingers is more than enough to be able to fit under a harness. Children do not need to be "comfortable" in a gaping harness - a harness is to keep them safe!

Tiggywunkle Mon 24-Sep-12 01:32:30

Sorry I am being a bit ranty tonight but safety is sooooo important!!!

onetwothreefourfive Mon 24-Sep-12 13:15:37

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now