Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Hauck Infinity/Eagle - opinions?

(8 Posts)
redheadbedhead Wed 24-Aug-11 10:15:28

Hello - I've been coveting a Hauck Infinity pushchair, but they don't seem to make them any more. Does anyone a suitable replacement or have any comments about the Eagle, which seems to be a similar product?

Am looking for a reasonably cheap forward+rear facing thing. The Infinity got really good reviews so I'm pissed off that it's gone!!

Thanks for any help or advice!!

Catsdontcare Wed 24-Aug-11 10:18:37

I loved my infinity. I bought from an ebay seller, it was new so might be worth a lokk on there

chimchar Wed 24-Aug-11 10:24:19

i had an infinity for my ds, now 5.

it was a brilliant pram/buggy...i loved it.

its a shame you cant get them any more.

there are quite a few on ebay. one particularly looks good, in excellent condition and with all the bits and pieces for £100, or best offer!

mamadivazback Wed 24-Aug-11 12:03:44

The Infinity is fab and you can still get them on Ebay at a reasonable price.

I have'nt used the Eagle but would buy it if I needed a smaller pushchair for transport etc but I'm not sure if I'd use it full time because I just don't get on with 2 handles and pushchairs with solid wheels seem to weigh a ton when rear facing but again I don't know for sure about the Hauck.

The Eagle is available here with free Hauck Zero + car seat which is a which best buy product!

redheadbedhead Wed 24-Aug-11 14:23:19

thanks everyone, great advice. I was thinking about ebay but then I'd quite like to try a few out first, which obv i can't do if I'm getting them there. Also my DH is worried about getting replacement parts (kind of thing men think of I guess.)

Anyone else with pushchairs that would do as a replacement instead? I'm looking now at Quinny Zapp Xtra for instance...

Tiggywunkle Wed 24-Aug-11 14:35:36

Look carefully at the parent facing options on the Zapp Xtra. There are only two and the one I needed wasn't there! I can't remember which it was off the top of my head though. It's hard to fold - stiff and awkward movement. No amount of WD40 etc helped. If you really want one I would suggest buying a cheap second hand Zapp for around £50 with a loose chassis, stripping the fabric off and buying the Xtra seat to go on top. If you plan to use the car seat then don't! Buy a separate chassis for that purpose ie have two chassis, because the seat adaptors are very easy to lose and cost £30 to replace. Expensive in proportion to the pushchair cost. It's a hard ride but a neat pushchair otherwise. I do find the seat very exposed (it's fairly flat) though.

mamadivazback Wed 24-Aug-11 16:21:18

theI'coo pacific is basically the newer version of the Inifnity from what I can find and I'coo stuff is made by Hauck.

In a way it's better because you don't need a seperate carrycot as the seat unit converts and it has height adjustable seat unit too!

redheadbedhead Thu 25-Aug-11 07:33:50

oooh thanks for the tip, will check it out now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now