Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Age suitability??

(7 Posts)
knittakid Mon 30-May-11 15:35:24

I'm looking for a stroller on a very small budget. If it's got different backrest positions, why can't I use them before 6 months? not with a newborn, but a huge 3 months-old?

Honeydragon Mon 30-May-11 15:49:20

Because if they can't sit up it isn't good for there backs, necks or airway.

What budget do you have there are plenty of cheap strollers suitable from birth.

bluebobbin Mon 30-May-11 15:55:23

Size of baby doesn't really matter - a 6 month old would have stronger neck muscles to hold head up and breathe properly.

Guildfordnanny Mon 30-May-11 19:04:48

Strollers with total lie flat positions are suitable for birth and are available to buy.

saoirse86 Mon 30-May-11 19:49:02

The chicco liteway is £80 and suitable from birth.

Maclaren triumph £85 at mothercare. Add any liner for £15 to make it up to £100, then you'll get £20 off, so £80 total. It's suitable from 3 months.

Maclarens are generally suitable from birth or 3 months.

There are loads around. smile

WillyBumBalls Tue 31-May-11 20:44:33

Hi Knittakid can I ask what you mean about recline positions, does your pushchair have an age setting on it? It's just that most pushchairs with multiple reclines are suitable from 3/6 months.

Babies under 6 months generally need to be supported in a flat or near flat position due to the fact that they can't control there heads enough to clear their airways if their head lulls forward and the back muscles are not strong enough to support their spine in an upright position.

If you need a cheap run around then these are all suitable from birth and have been used by friends so I know they are reliable smile

Obaby Atlas 343.95
Push Me Quattro £48.99
Hauck Turbo £61.95
Petite Star Zukkoo £99.95

knittakid Tue 31-May-11 22:46:04

Thank you so much everyone, I'm looking into all those options now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: