Talk

Advanced search

Sofa for a playroom

(17 Posts)
HouseHunting Thu 29-Oct-09 13:42:29

Anyone any recommendations for a 2 seater sofa to go in a playroom? I'm am open to colours & materials & any links would be welcome. cheers

HouseHunting Thu 29-Oct-09 19:46:58

C'mon ladies...what have you got in your playrooms? [grin ]

Swedes2Turnips0 Sun 01-Nov-09 10:53:21

I like the Cheshire (in caramel) and Albany (in ivory) from www.sofasofa.co.uk They have removable washable covers and you can buy a replacement cover in a different colour for £110 (for a two seater).

Or if you aren't bothered abour washable and want something contemporary looking, their Livorno 2 -seater (I like the slate and cranberry colours) is only £269 and looks really smart.

HouseHuntingNoMore Mon 02-Nov-09 13:44:08

Thanks, I will go check out the links

bodycolder Mon 02-Nov-09 15:42:39

I have 2 albany's in taupe colour and have just sold them on gumtree as soooooooo uncomfortable even in a little tv room off the kitchen just hopeless!Ikea are better

HouseHuntingNoMore Mon 02-Nov-09 15:53:06

I do like the look of the Albany sofa - we will defo sit on the sofa before buying as couldn't hack an uncomfortable one. Am wondering if leather would be more practicle seeing as any spillages could just be wiped off We have leather at the mo but they will be going in the main living room of the new house.
Cheers

jeee Mon 02-Nov-09 15:55:15

whatever the neighbours palm off on me.

Swedes2Turnips0 Mon 02-Nov-09 15:58:20

Bodycolder - Ahh interesting about the Albany. Why so uncomfortable? I have a Cheshire it's very comfortable and lasting well as it's prob 7 years old now.

Swedes2Turnips0 Mon 02-Nov-09 15:59:28

I don't like leather sofas at all.

bodycolder Mon 02-Nov-09 16:02:12

I don't know its the first 'cheapish'sofa I've had and cushions are too soft but not in a good way it has really sagged and wasn't used to excess only bought last xmas and have already got rid and am going to buy another!Disappointed as lovely colour etc pic on profile but just prefer feather i think

PacificGuywood Mon 02-Nov-09 16:05:01

We have a red Ikea Klippan sofa in the playroom. It has been abused used by 3 enthusiastic boys for 5 years and still looks great (won't tell you we went for the red leather one at the time wink as you are not so keen on leather, but I have to say the amount of food/drink/bodily fluids that have been wiped off it is impressive and I would get fed up with wrestling removable covers on and off it for washing).
Anyway, v good value for money IMO.
smile

Swedes2Turnips0 Mon 02-Nov-09 16:27:05

bodycolder - you don't seem to have a profile. btw I don't like feather seat cushions at all. I like feather back cushions but prefer something firm for the seat bit. grin Could you not have changed the seating material easily enough?

Swedes2Turnips0 Mon 02-Nov-09 16:31:29

PacificGuywood - Oh I'm quite a fan of Klippan sofas. I love their shape and they are v reasonable aren't they?

PacificGuywood Mon 02-Nov-09 16:34:21

Yep, great shape for little monkeys to climb on and fall off wink.
The standard one with removable fabric cover is currently 129 pounds. I thinks our leather version was @ 300 pounds but cannot really remember.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Nov-09 16:34:59

sofasofa madrid here
V nice

goryminx Mon 02-Nov-09 16:39:22

We have a Klippan from Ikea - its fab, and there are lots of differentm covers available at the moment - inc a woman on ebay that makes them in just about every fabric known to man.

The covers are a bit of a pain to get off, but apart from that its fab. - Especially at £120 or whatever.

HouseHuntingNoMore Tue 03-Nov-09 13:46:49

Wow the Klippan sounds such a good price & am glad they do a leather version. Haven't been to Ikea in years so definitely due a trip. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now