Talk

Advanced search

Removal companies and boxes query

(7 Posts)
spiralqueen Fri 11-Sep-09 14:23:17

Those of you that have had the removal company pack for you, did you do the unpacking yourselves?

Also if you did unpack how long did you get before they wanted the boxes back?

CMOTdibbler Fri 11-Sep-09 14:24:47

I did the unpacking both times - first time we were moving into temp rented, and the second time we wanted to sort through as we unpacked.

They didn't want the boxes back so we Freecycled them this time round

rebl Fri 11-Sep-09 20:32:24

I've only had quotes so far but I intend to have the removal company pack and me unpack. All of them have said between 4 and 6 weeks for returning the boxes.

Restrainedrabbit Fri 11-Sep-09 20:36:39

They (Pickfords) didn't set a deadline for return just said to call when we had a pile to remove. Still have lots left to unpack and we moved in in June!

DMspecial Fri 11-Sep-09 20:40:45

Companies vary a lot. We had one that would collect a week later but asked you to return them if it was later than that. Another said we'd paid for them anyway so we didn't have to return them unless we wanted to. A third said that if we wanted to take a long time they'd give us older boxes instead of new ones.

The only ones they are all fussy about are the wardrobe boxes, if you are having any of those. They like those unpacked on the day as they cost a lot to replace.

ABetaDad Fri 11-Sep-09 20:51:38

We unpaacked and we kept the boxes for next time.

spiralqueen Mon 14-Sep-09 09:59:55

Thanks everyone that is helpful information.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now