Talk

Advanced search

Where did you all get your blackout roller blinds from?

(19 Posts)
PestoBeachMonster Tue 25-Aug-09 09:05:30

Wanting to fit these at most upstairs windows of newly refurbed house. However, don't want to spend tooooooooooo much money. Any suggestions welcome smile

Thank you!

JRocks Tue 25-Aug-09 09:06:07

Argos

heavenstobetsy Tue 25-Aug-09 09:10:50

B&Q - I have a lovely bright patterned one for DD

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 25-Aug-09 09:11:31

John Lewis and Argos.

PestoBeachMonster Tue 25-Aug-09 09:15:53

Another question, do they actually do the trick and make the room dark please?

Am hoping they will and then want to put curtains up as normal, to make rooms look nice.

Piffpaffpoff Tue 25-Aug-09 09:19:56

Ikea - you have to cut them to size if necessary but they were cheap as chips! They are really good but for a total blackout, I also fitted blackout linings to the curtains.

mejon Tue 25-Aug-09 09:33:58

Got ours (for DD) from Tesco Direct - they were pretty cheap and have a good selection of colours. They don't make the room completely dark as there are gaps around the top and sides where the fixings are. We use them with normal lined curtains and whilst the mornings are so light, I've also attached an extra piece of blackout material to the wall with sticky velcro patches.

PestoBeachMonster Tue 25-Aug-09 09:46:09

Great ideas everyone, thank you so much!

littlemisslozza Tue 25-Aug-09 09:47:09

Dunelm

FuckOffDailyMail Tue 25-Aug-09 09:54:26

ebay

PestoBeachMonster Thu 27-Aug-09 16:31:48

DH ordered ours from Tesco Direct and they arrived this morning. Haven't had time to put 'em up yet though. smile

glencoe Fri 28-Aug-09 21:12:33

Ikea for blinds - they are fantastically priced, and good quality. I have used them for years with no complaints.

Like piffpaffpoff, I also make separate blackout linings on my curtains for total darkness - between them and the blinds we are never woken by the morning sun, and neither are my two young children.

The only downside is you get used to the darkness so it can prove difficult when away from home. I solved this by buying a few metres of blackout lining which I throw over the curtains when on holiday or visiting. My husband thinks I am obsessed my darkness - I try to tell him I am not, I am just obsessed by getting a good nights sleep

chocolateshoes Fri 28-Aug-09 21:13:30

ikea, plus blackout lining, plus a large pice of cardboard in summer!

Tortoise Fri 28-Aug-09 21:16:49

Argos.

But i would love ones

Tortoise Fri 28-Aug-09 21:21:48

OK now i see they have sold out but same type now sold
here!

glencoe Fri 28-Aug-09 21:32:41

chocolate shoes - you are one step to obsession further than me with the cardboard [lol]

Lizzzombie Fri 28-Aug-09 21:35:13

Ikea - & cut it to fit. Dead easy.

SazzlesA Fri 28-Aug-09 21:36:01

Message withdrawn

BettySwollux Fri 28-Aug-09 21:40:23

We have the gro anywhere blackout blind, as linked to by tortoise, and it is amazingly dark. DS2's room faces the morning sun but you can shut his door and not see your hand in front of your face.

He now gets up at 7.30am, rather than 6am on the dot!

If you get it from bump to 3, dont use MN discount code 'MUMW8' as it is not valid, even though still showing on MN discount page.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now