Talk

Advanced search

What goes with cream?

(15 Posts)
tamarindlazuli Sun 19-Jul-09 21:19:34

And don't say strawberries grin
We are finally replacing our kitchen after years of saying we wouldn't bother because "we'll be moving soon"...but hey that won't be happening for a while so are forking out some cash to tart the place up.
So we've opted for simple cream units with beech work tops and a Belfast sink. I love it but trouble is we want to keep it neutral-ish for when we eventually sell up so I need some ideas for adding non-permanent or portable splashes of colour.
We are thinking a Smeg fridge but not sure what colour to go for. I would love something bold like orange but not sure if it goes with the cream - other half likes the duck eggy blue but I find it too wishy washy.
Argh! I love the cream but what goes with it?
Whatever colour fridge we go for will influence the rest of our choices (or we would even ditch the Smeg if a really great colour scheme idea comes up).
Any colour advice/places to look for ideas much appreciated smile

noddyholder Sun 19-Jul-09 21:20:39

Get teh cream and take it with you and add some red touches with worktop savers and art etc

cornsillk Sun 19-Jul-09 21:20:55

brown
green
orange sounds nice

tamarindlazuli Sun 19-Jul-09 21:28:59

Cornsilk, I love the brown, green & orange combo, all colours I love but it's not coming together in my mind yet!
Noddy, I'm really not a red person but can see what you mean by accessorising - def in the way of art etc... I love the cream Smeg but OH hates it otherwise that would be the thing to do.

noddyholder Sun 19-Jul-09 21:31:47

It sounds quite a country style so duck egg would be good

Sidge Sun 19-Jul-09 21:57:03

The pastel green is nice and would look good with beech and cream.

If you're brave the pink is fab!

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 19-Jul-09 21:59:30

<waves to Sidge mwah mwah>

kalo12 Sun 19-Jul-09 22:01:40

sage green

tamarindlazuli Sun 19-Jul-09 22:06:07

Sidge, the pastel green IS good, I agree great with cream and beech, nice and natural looking.
Of course my ideal no hesitations colour fridge would be pumpkin orange (but I emailed them to see if they do customised colours and they don't - BIG SHAME!).
As for pink, my OH is vigorously shaking his macho head.
Maybe this is why fridge manufacturers don't do too many colours - cos then people like me can't decide and end up with a bog standard one instead after umming and ahhing forever grin

Sidge Sun 19-Jul-09 22:08:43

<Mwah back to puss, how are ya?>

Tamarind, our kitchen is cream units and beech floor and worktop and we painted the walls a sort of Baileys colour which looks lovely, so that might work?

I do like the green though smile

cece Sun 19-Jul-09 22:12:43

WE are using Dulux Natural Hessian in our new cream utility room.

tamarindlazuli Sun 19-Jul-09 22:17:39

Kalo, sage green could work, I do like cream & sage. Mmm, am warming towards that spearmint green though...usually I warm towards warm colours but spearmint could be refreshing, especially for a kitchen.
Oh my gads, I am never going to decide am I???
Anyways off to bed but any more ideas more than welcome [just to add fuel to the fire that is my indecisive mind].

cece Sun 19-Jul-09 22:20:37

I think duck egg blue sounds nice or a sage green. hmm

Vamonos Sun 19-Jul-09 22:27:53

You could go for a deco-ish theme with black accents? Black and ivory chequerboard 50's style flooring is lush.

This would depend on the general styling of your kitchen though I guess - if it's more country-ish in style, then I agree that duck egg or sage would be lovely.

oneopinionatedmother Sun 19-Jul-09 22:35:36

chocolate: for a dark sophisticated look (can you get a fridge that colour?)

smeg fridges come in pink don't they? if you wnted a cottagey look you could accessorise with Cath Kidston style curtains etc

black |& white very striking..

or you could search for a pattern and a mix of colours (I'M THINKING TILING here rather than fridge)

i think it's too tempting to buy boring non-personal things with your house believeing you'll be moving: when it could really be years, and you'll probably re-accessorise in order to sell when it comes to it anyway....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now