Talk

Advanced search

we want to move but don''t know where to. Can you help?

(8 Posts)
Greatfun Fri 12-Jun-09 14:30:08

We need the following:

max 1 hour journey to waterloo and/or paddington by train/tube so this would include victoria station and clapham junction station.

At least 3 bed house.

Good schools (primary and secondary that cater for boys and girls)

In a nice town. Doesnt have to be too big if we are going to be near a bigger town.

Budget: 400k absolute max preferably nearer to 350.

We frequent;ly have to travel to Portsouth and Devon so somewhere to the SW/W of London would be better.

Asking for the impossible?Probably but all sensible suggetsions would be welcomed.

Thanks

2cats2many Fri 12-Jun-09 14:35:23

How about somewhere like Guildford?

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Fri 12-Jun-09 14:35:27

Message withdrawn

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Fri 12-Jun-09 14:37:10

Message withdrawn

Greatfun Fri 12-Jun-09 14:49:47

2catsmany - I looked into Guildford but it is very expensive and the travel would be another 500 per month for the two of us shock But thank you anyway

RIMOD - Lovely house. I had never thought of horsham that sounds great. I shall look into that.

Don't suppose anyone knows anything about Wokingham or virginia water?

wombleprincess Fri 12-Jun-09 19:27:33

hartley wintney/fleet/odiham area?. its the dogs bollocks. off the M3 and the train stations (fleet or winchfield) go to waterloo

near wokingham which is also quite nice but its a bit of a suburb of reading if you ask me.

GypsyMoth Fri 12-Jun-09 19:37:53

Wokingham still got any shops? Used to live near there but heard most had closed down!! And there weren't many to start with!!

wombleprincess Fri 12-Jun-09 19:45:01

actually, its not bad. admittedly not "high fashion" but all the usuals, boots, robert dyas, that sort of thing, and a few individual boutiques. quite a good (small) market on saturdays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now