Talk

Advanced search

Alternatives to Decking

(6 Posts)
ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 02-Jun-09 07:45:04

Am wanting to take up the decking in the back.

The ground is uneven, and am wondering what would be a good surface? Slab stones, paving?

lalalonglegs Tue 02-Jun-09 16:04:17

I've got a book called Garden Floor: From Gravel to Camomile. You can buy it on Amazon or I could lend it to you if you CAT me. I really love old York stone slabs with wide gaps in between which you can let thyme and other toughies grow through.

noddyholder Tue 02-Jun-09 16:08:12

Fossil mint indian paving is very pretty

Pannacotta Tue 02-Jun-09 22:15:55

I like dark slate and York stone, though what looks best will depend on your house and the colour of the brick.

poopscoop Tue 02-Jun-09 22:18:22

just swooping in here as i had to laugh at the OP title. Alternative to decking, I was thinking you meant knocking someone to the ground grinso had to read more! Didn't see that it was in property topic.

departing again now.

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 02-Jun-09 22:31:23

grin Yes, must find humane paving slabs.

thank you LaLa for your kind offer -- think I'm in love with York stone -- Pannacotta, you have expensive taste smile Have asked for quotes for reclaimed Yorkshire stone.

DP loves the decking and actually I quite like it too, but would rather, um, know what's underneath if you know what I mean wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now