Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Edinburgh in a month - yippee !

(9 Posts)
mousemole Wed 30-Jul-08 17:00:58

We are moving to Edinburgh from Surrey in 1 month and I can't wait ! Have visited a few times, went last week and have a rental house sorted for the first 6 months. We will be living in Newtown with Ds's ( aged 1 and 3). Interested to hear of any top recommendations for eating out/playgroups etc etc.

Fimbo Wed 30-Jul-08 17:01:43

You need Nailpolish.

I am very jealous btw.

mousemole Wed 30-Jul-08 17:27:24

nailpolish - where are you ? I need you.
Thanks Fimbo. Am sooooo excited.

Fimbo Wed 30-Jul-08 17:31:19

Just keep this bumped or perhaps you could CAT her

mousemole Wed 30-Jul-08 17:35:12

thanks Fimbo.
Also where is Meep - thanks meep for ages ago giving me Liz's details - she has been wonderful and found us a great flat.
Expat - I need your input too please.And Lulu, where are you ?

expatinscotland Wed 30-Jul-08 17:36:57

Congrats, mouse!

But we left Edinburgh some months ago and we never lived in the New Town. I worked in the Old Town and we lived in Leith.

But I'm sure sure someone will be along soon who is more familiar with that area.

Hope you enjoy your move.

aGalChangedHerName Wed 30-Jul-08 17:37:42

Mawbroon and Pruni are in Edinburgh too. Have you looked at the Edinburgh local thread thingy on here too. Loads of useful stuff on there.

There are Edinburgh meet ups fairly often too which are good fun!!

mousemole Wed 30-Jul-08 19:13:13

thanks expat. aGal will look at the edinburgh local thingy too. thanks

SpeccieSeccie Tue 05-Aug-08 19:32:48

Just seen this.

The playgroup you might want is the International Playgroup - no idea why it's called that - that happens in the crypt of St Stephen's Church. (St Stephen's is the huge church at the bottom of Howe St that looks like something from Gotham City.) The playgroup happens at 10am on Fridays and costs about £2.50. I think it's sometimes on a Monday as well but not sure about that.

Good luck in Edinburgh! Brilliant city!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now