This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Lack of offers(9 Posts)
We’ve been on the market for a week, had 9 viewings so far and 3 booked in for tomorrow. So far, no offers at all though. Is it bad to have 9 potential buyers round with no offers? Feedback has been that it’s too close to a pub and the garden is too overlooked. We had 3 independent Estate Agent valuations who all gave us the exact same valuation so we went with that. DH thinks it’s overpriced due to lack of offer so far. I think it’ll look worse if we put the price down now to be honest, it makes us look desperate. Any ideas?
I wouldn't drop the price yet. It has only been a week and you have more viewers tomorrow. I presume that more people might look at Rightmove etc on a weekend too. Early days yet.
We are in the same boat, almost exactly. We’ve had 7 people round and one low offer which we rejected (and the estate Agent agreed with us).
Our house has some things are are annoying (it’s on a busy road), but is priced accordingly. We are just going to have to wait until a buyer who needs a house like ours turns up! I am interested to read your other replies though.
It could be overpriced but I think that at least someone would try a low offer if that was the case. I think it might be that the combination of proximity to the pub and being overlooked puts people off.
Have you got any tall trees in the garden? If offers don’t start coming in, I’d be tempted to take it off the market and make the garden feel less overlooked by getting some tall trees in.
One week isn't long at all!
Don't do anything for a few more weeks at least
Thanks everyone! I can’t change where it is and wouldn’t want to. The pub is just across from our cul-de-sac but it’s a really quiet family restaurant-type pub and the house is also across from stunning public gardens, near a direct met stop into the city in 15 minutes, a big park, a short walk into town, a few minutes walk to a fantastic grammar school and in catchment for the best primary around here (that’s why we bought it - the location). It’s clearly pulling in viewers but the lack of offers is frustrating. We will leave it for a bit and see what happens.
Sorry I didn’t mean that first but to sound so indignant - I just don’t think it would be worth as much if it was for its location, and now that’s an issue apparently!
unlikely to be the pub as people study Google maps before viewing. And they can see reviews of that pub. An overlooked garden more of an issue but some wouldnt mind / compromise, so def give it another week!
I would wait a couple more weeks and then reduce the price. I would also maybe try to get more feedback from viewers through the estate agent to pinpoint what the issue might be,
I am sorry to say but a pub nearby would be something that would put me off on principle. But some people won't mind but it will have to be priced reasonably.