Bedroom rescue

(3 Posts)
deedeemegadoodoo Thu 20-Aug-20 15:07:02

Last year, I totally messed up my bedroom. I used the wrong shade and type of paint. I want to paint over it with white paint so my (white and slightly glossy) floor to ceiling fitted wardrobes do not dominate the room.

When I painted it last, I ended up with a crackle because I painted Matt paint onto something glossier. I sanded the wall first, but it didn’t work.

Would I be right in thinking that Dulux soft sheen would be the right paint to use? What sort of effect would this have? I am going for mainly white, but with a beachhead feel including navy ikat, soft blues and gold handles.

OP’s posts: |
FlamedToACrisp Thu 20-Aug-20 15:11:07

I have had this, but simply doing several coats of matt covered the crackle eventually. Alternatively you might cover the walls with plain white lining paper before you paint.

ComtesseDeSpair Thu 20-Aug-20 15:35:55

Start with a coat of a good primer and then use Dulux trade vinyl matt emulsion. That was the advice given to me by a professional decorator who overheard me explaining a similar problem to staff in B&Q recently, and it worked magic.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in