Talk

Advanced search

Average price for tiling

(6 Posts)
Jessuk86 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:52:00

Hi

We havent had quotes yet but want to get a rough idea of what to expect to pay to have floor tiles put down through the majority of our downstairs, bathroom and kitchen tiles. Rough idea of price per m2 would be helpful we are on the south coast. Thanks

LBOCS2 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:24:15

My plumber's guy does it for £30/sqm. Surrey/London borders (not the expensive side!)

missbattenburg Thu 12-Sep-19 06:12:27

Price per sq m is going to depend on how complicated the tiles are. e.g. small tiles will take longer per sq m so should cost more than large tiles.

£30 per metre sounds about right (as pp said) but some tilers might instead charge per day, in which case £200 per day would be somewhere near. Maybe more.

It'll also depend on what surface prep is needed.

That's exclusive of materials.

Jessuk86 Thu 12-Sep-19 07:41:49

Thanks lovely people this sounds more like it! We'll have no surface prep as my OH is installing underfloor heating (this is part of his job he now runs the company so this will be fine) first so it's just the tiles that will need doing....he said hed give it a go but has now thought twice as hes never tiled anything in his life 😂 xx

ShellieEllie Thu 12-Sep-19 18:57:22

Our extension floor was bloomin expensive to lay and we're nowhere near the south east, or at least I thought so. £800 for what took the tiler 2 days - £40per sqm although we did have underfloor heating installed at the same time. It does look beautiful though and far better than we could have achieved.

ShellieEllie Thu 12-Sep-19 19:01:28

I should have said we paid for the ufh separately! Our tiles were pretty large too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »