Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask our Seller to move to rented accommodation?

(12 Posts)
Thisnameistaken Thu 08-Mar-18 20:08:17

We put an offer on a property 4 months ago which was accepted. The property had been on the marked for almost 3 months with no offers.

We have been very patient as they have been looking for a new home all this time. They are doing viewings and a few offers fell through. Now our EA suggests we give them a deadline agree to move into rented accommodation or they can keep us in limbo for a very long time. Our Buyer is getting impatient too.

What do we do? There is nothing else on the market we are interested in and this does tick every box. We are not in a rush to move, but also don't want to keep hanging in there if they are unmotivated to move. Would it help to put pressure on them? In my mind I keep thinking we still keep our eyes open, if something else that's suitable pops up we pull out and put an offer in on an alternative.

First time buyer and not quite sure how to proceed. Any thoughts?

TheQueenOfWands Thu 08-Mar-18 20:10:04

I'd pull out.

Sounds like they don't really want to move.

JaneEyre70 Thu 08-Mar-18 20:12:33

Withdraw your offer and look for something else. Before you lose your buyer.

SoftlyCatchyMonkey1 Thu 08-Mar-18 20:14:48

Nothing unreasonable about asking the seller to move to rented. If you don't ask you don't get after all. If they say no then seriously consider finding another house to but

SoftlyCatchyMonkey1 Thu 08-Mar-18 20:15:07

Sorry no but. Don't know why that's there lol

DOLLYDAYDREAMER Thu 08-Mar-18 20:39:33

we did when we last moved. we had house to buy but it was taking ages tobgo through and our buyers were getting impatient. so we moved out and rented for 6 weeks

Thisnameistaken Thu 08-Mar-18 21:45:24

It does sound like they are not too keen on moving, right?

Thank you all for all your input. I completely get what you are saying, but there are no other houses that we want to buy. (Or can afford within our budget more like it.) If it's not this one, then we will stay put where we are for a little while longer while we keep searching.

But I guess it would be beneficial to put pressure on them anyway, what kind of a deadline could we give them?

KitKat1985 Fri 09-Mar-18 12:34:11

You've waited 4 months which is very patient in my opinion. I think it's fine now to say to them now that both you and your buyer are getting impatient, and would they please consider going into rented or else you are going to have to start considering other options.

If they say no you have to make your mind up really to either back out completely, or go into rented yourself whilst you wait for them. Personally though I don't think they sound very motivated to move, so I'd be getting really twitchy at this point if I were you.

Motherof3Dragons Fri 09-Mar-18 14:22:03

Well, it‘s either you‘ll move into rental or your vendors. 4 months since sale agreed is a long time and you might lose your own buyers, if the Vendors hold up the chain indefinitely.

ADuckNamedSplash Sat 10-Mar-18 22:18:39

We were in this position. Waited 6 months, asked seller to move to rented accommodation and they refused. We didn't pull out immediately, but told them we were actively looking for somewhere else and that it was now a race between them becoming proceedable and us having another offer accepted. Unfortunately they still didn't get their skates on, but we're happy with where we ended up instead.

OneDayIWillHaveAGreatUsername Sat 10-Mar-18 22:29:12

Same here @ADuckNamedSplash ... we waited for 5 months and they refused to go into rented so we found somewhere else. Ended up waiting for the next house for 2 months until we found the house we are now in (chain free). We are so glad the first two didn't work out as this house is much better grin

From what I've heard the second house has finally moved (6 months on from us pulling out) and the first place is still looking for somewhere to move to (a year on!).

Thisnameistaken Wed 14-Mar-18 00:48:19

wow, can't believe people go through all that trouble to sell their house and then not be bothered to actually follow through. We have told them now that we need to find a date to commit to or we are pulling out. Waiting to hear back confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: