Advanced search

Who did/do you have buildings insurance with while having building work done?

(4 Posts)
InTheRoseGarden Sat 21-Oct-17 12:01:16

Just that really!

I am just about to start a loft conversion and I'm trying to sort out buildings insurance. It seems that the usual home insurance providers won't insure building works in excess of £25k. I've just got a quote over the phone from Towergate Insurance (a broker) underwritten by Allianz. Can anyone suggest anyone else to try?

whiskyowl Sat 21-Oct-17 12:16:29

I'm not sure exactly what the question is?

I rang my ordinary home insurance provider and told them I am having work done - this means my home and contents are insured providing no-one working in the house nicks it!

In terms of the build itself, I have a copy of my builder's indemnity insurance but I didn't get anything additional to this.

helloSW15 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:24:55

We did the same- just told our current insurers- I think there were a couple of exclusions- like if the builders left a massive uncovered hole in the roof we wouldn’t be covered for floods etc but basically all ok. When it had been signed off we told them and policy went back to ‘normal’.

WineGummyBear Sat 21-Oct-17 13:26:59

We used a provider called Towergate (IIRC), as our existing provider wouldn't cover us.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: