Advanced search

Finding adderss of landlord ?

(39 Posts)
Worriedgirl888 Mon 19-Dec-16 20:57:55

Tenants next door behaving really anti socially and don't want to escalate to the council at the min due to selling the house soon.
How can I find out the landlords addrsss to possibly contact them?
I know land registry might give a name but need an address to write to really. It's private not an agency and no one seems to know and not seen the guy in ages.
Thanks !

RNBrie Mon 19-Dec-16 21:01:05

Start with land registry, it will give you a name. And then use social media to narrow it down. We did this, and then when I googled the name it brought up an application to the council for planning permission on another property so I wrote to them there.

Worriedgirl888 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:01:52

Hi thanks I should've said we know the name and its a ridiculously common name so no joy on social media!

MrsSparkles Mon 19-Dec-16 21:03:50

I've contacted the agency who let the property before and asked them to pass a message on, they didn't manage but had found the tenants. Any neighbours who might know?

EssentialHummus Mon 19-Dec-16 21:04:49

If you pay the £3 or so at the Land Reg, the title deeds will have the name and address. If they're being dodgy with the mortgage this may be the address of the property but it should be their primary address.

Worriedgirl888 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:05:38

We've asked around subtly but don't want to raise suspicions as these people are quite aggressive and unpredictable as well as everything else and it's definitely not through an agency... very frustrating!

BolivarAtasco Mon 19-Dec-16 21:06:14

Land Registry. I did this when I had problem neighbours who were tenants.

Worriedgirl888 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:06:43

Ah ok great thanks essential hummus, is that even if they bought it cash no mortgage though? As I have heard they have a few property so don't know if would have mortgages.

EssentialHummus Mon 19-Dec-16 21:09:58

is that even if they bought it cash no mortgage though?

I'm not sure. I expect so, but not sure.

Shenanagins Mon 19-Dec-16 21:10:08

If your in Scotland you can check the landlord register.

Worriedgirl888 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:22:31

Thanks all checking land reg now smile

LumelaMme Mon 19-Dec-16 21:27:20

Land reg will have LL name even if they paid cash.

Worriedgirl888 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:29:59

Well I've checked it and despite having a mortgage on it they are listed as living at the address...:/ unsure if anywhere else to turn now? Not in Scotland sadly.

ChristinaParsons Mon 19-Dec-16 21:34:44

Do they use an agent to rent through?

Worriedgirl888 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:37:02

no it's totally privately managed I've been told and I remember it being in the paper couple of years ago as completely private so no agents.

ChristinaParsons Mon 19-Dec-16 21:41:28

Have you got the freehold office copy from the land registry?

User006point5 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:42:13

You could look at the electoral register to find out the names of the previous tenants, and if the name isn't so common, you could find out where they live now, and ask them who their old landlord was...

Worriedgirl888 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:44:12

That's not a bad idea user006, just there was an old lady who died then landlords bought it did it up a bit and rented it out to these people. Gah.. suppose going to have to contact the council aren't I?

ChristinaParsons Mon 19-Dec-16 21:47:15

If the name is a person you can google the name if it is a company their address will be listed at companies house

User006point5 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:47:16

In that case, speak to the estate agent who sold the property. If the landlord owns a few properties, he may well be known to the estate agent.

User006point5 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:48:32

Alternatively, a neighbour may know the lady's family, and you could ask them who they sold it to.

RozzlePops Mon 19-Dec-16 21:52:57

Send a letter to the property with the landlords name, make something up about guttering or something and hope it gets redirected.

MrsSparkles Mon 19-Dec-16 22:51:46

Could you drop a letter to them for LL with something about subsidence/party wall agreement you need to speak to him about? In case tenacts open the letter.

Worriedgirl888 Mon 19-Dec-16 23:04:27

Thank you all good ideas will have a go with them thanks!

wowfudge Tue 20-Dec-16 06:43:11

The fact the LL is registered at the address with the Land Registry points to it not being a buy to let mortgage. He may be in breach of his mortgage conditions.

If you can remember which agents let the place, they are likely to be the ones managing it. Might be easier to contact them or ring round local agents and ask if they manage it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: