Advanced search

Sit-on stainless steel sink

(7 Posts)
Quodlibet Mon 28-Nov-16 06:34:15


Has anyone found a nice and reasonably priced sit-on stainless steel sink? I looked for the Astracast Bistro as per a Pigletjohn recommendation but it's been discontinued. I need something single bowl.

Thanks people.

Alwayscheerful Wed 30-Nov-16 10:09:31

I have the Astracast bistro sink and I love it. Rangemaster do a similar stainless steel sit on sink, I can't recall the name of the model.

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 30-Nov-16 10:45:00

Sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question, but what is a "sit on" sink?!

wowfudge Wed 30-Nov-16 10:55:13

One that sits on top of the work surface with a lip over the front edge and an upstand at the back.

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 30-Nov-16 10:58:55

I knew it was a silly question. blush

Thank you!

PigletJohn Wed 30-Nov-16 11:21:39

the special point is that it doesn't go on top of a worktop, it fills the entire space from wall to cook, reducing the risk of water getting onto or behind the top (which is very bad for solid wood) and easier to keep clean, with no crevices.

PigletJohn Wed 30-Nov-16 11:35:08

you need to see the pic of how it's fitted...

I don't know how long ago the Bistro was discontinued, some retailers still list it, but unless they have one at the back of the warehouse, I presume it is now unobtainable.

The same method is used for catering sinks, but they are bigger, and in a thicker stainless which looks less silvery than the ones sold for domestic use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now