Advanced search

RICS HomeBuyer Report

(6 Posts)
llamadramas Wed 19-Oct-16 14:02:14


Stupid question. I've had an offer accepted on a flat in a converted house and want to organise getting a HomeBuyer Report. Who is the best person to ask for which company to use? My solicitors recommendation isn't relevant as they are based in a different area to the property I'm buying. Do I ask the estate agent or do I just choose a local company and contact them myself?

LIZS Wed 19-Oct-16 14:06:08

Are you getting a mortgage? Normally the lender will use a panel of prospective surveyors.

Unicornsarelovely Wed 19-Oct-16 14:08:40

If you're getting a mortgage, would this be in addition to the survey required by your mortgage company? If its part of your mortgage the mortgage company will just appoint someone who will also owe you a duty of care and you can commission a suitable level of report through them.

YelloDraw Wed 19-Oct-16 14:12:34

Yes you will probably have to pay eg £500 for a bank valuation for mortgage co, but be able to upgrade to the homebuyers for an additional £200 or so. Cheaper than paying for valuation and then paying again for a homebuyers from another company.

llamadramas Wed 19-Oct-16 14:13:46

I'm very lucky but no mortgage needed so it isn't mandatory but I do want a survey carried out for my own piece of mind.

Kidnapped Wed 19-Oct-16 14:21:17

The RICS website is useful. You can enter your town and it will show the nearest ones to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now