Pretty thing to hang something that isn't a screw?

(14 Posts)
shovetheholly Thu 06-Oct-16 09:38:00

I have a ceramic fish that I want to hang up in my bathroom. Because of the way it is designed, you'll see the thing I'm hanging it from. Therefore, I don't just want to use a screw and a rawl plug. Is there something nicer I can use instead??

bookbook Thu 06-Oct-16 09:45:32

shove - quick one, nothing totally springs to mind, but have you looked at picture hooks - I bet you have!

Teahornet Thu 06-Oct-16 09:51:16

I have some lovely painted Indian coat hooks mounted on wooden blocks, which wouldn't suit what you need, but gave you thought about looking for small decorative hooks? There are some very pretty ceramic ones, for instance.

Teahornet Thu 06-Oct-16 09:56:22

Like this? I've seen nicer ones, but just as an example.

shovetheholly Thu 06-Oct-16 09:57:42

Ooooh, I just ebayed it and you can get decorative screw heads like this:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-Pcs-Fitting-Parts-Metal-12mm-Diameter-Screw-Cap-Mirror-Nails-Decoration-Lid-/361347681786

and flower ones:

www.screwmaster.co.uk/pack-of-4-mirror-screws-with-floral-decorative-die-cast-chrome-plated-metal-rosette-screw-in-cap-5ba-326-p.asp

Teahornet Thu 06-Oct-16 09:57:51

Or this?

shovetheholly Thu 06-Oct-16 09:58:39

teahornet - those are lovely! The fish is quite small, tho, so they might be a bit big. I might use them elsewhere though, I like the little painted bits!

shovetheholly Thu 06-Oct-16 09:59:16

That second set are particularly gorgeous!!

bookbook Thu 06-Oct-16 11:29:11

The mirrors in our bathroom and wet room have those mirror heads , you can buy just the heads to screw into the screw (IYSWIM) or buy the screw with the head attached already smile. Its finding one that you like best now!

shovetheholly Thu 06-Oct-16 14:07:09

I have seen them on mirrors, but never thought you could get them separately (which is stupid of me!).

They should make more screws with decorative heads in the shape of things! Then I could hang my pottery fish from a metal screw fish!

Ladybird333 Thu 06-Oct-16 14:14:03

Could you glue the fish to the wall, or use no nails?

shovetheholly Thu 06-Oct-16 14:49:41

Sadly not - it has a string to hang it which has beads on it.

At least it means I get to play with power tools grin

bookbook Thu 06-Oct-16 15:47:49

The problem with any of these things - if it is not right, it grates.
Also, it depends on your own style/taste and surrounding decor.
And if you are anything like DH and I we suddenly stumble on just the right thing, and its a how much ? But once seen , you can't not want it!

PuraVida Thu 06-Oct-16 20:46:46

I used a mirror screw to hang a picture that has a chain. It's just a shiny blob.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now