Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen worktop splashbacks - what to use?

(5 Posts)
Sunnyshores Sun 24-Apr-16 18:21:11

Im usually quite good at this, but this house is a nightmare and nothing is working out.

So, quite a nice old pine handmade kitchen (has to stay, so learning to like it). Dark grey old flagstone flooring. Chunky granite worktop (not my taste but staying), Ghzandone - sort of baltic brown style ie brown , white, grey splodgy. Cant find it anywhere, so cant get matching upstands.

What else can I use? heeellllpppp please

MaddyHatter Sun 24-Apr-16 18:23:14

would some plain white tiles not work?

bookbook Sun 24-Apr-16 21:57:16

I have glass, painted white behind it, but you could use any colour you fancied. Would that work?

Sunnyshores Mon 25-Apr-16 09:12:10

I thought plain white tiles would look too stark, and would themselves form a pattern to clash with the splody-ness.

I like the glass idea - from somewhere like Roman glass? once its on is fixed, or can you remove and change the paint colour at a later date?

bookbook Tue 26-Apr-16 13:24:56

I cannot find my supplier , sorry - its well over 7 years ago, before it became fashionable and I had real trouble finding someone who would just supply the glass , without a kitchen. It was a firm I found by trawling the internet ( in Cornwall I think) - but ours is glued on. We just ordered exact size of glass, and DH has reminded me that we had glass that had a white coating on the back -( you could choose from a whole range of colours).Lots of places do glass splashbacks now, so worth having a good look. I love mine - it is so easy to keep clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now