Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

(5 Posts)
Plantlover101 Sun 24-Apr-16 12:10:03

Sorry for my complete ignorance is such matters, but this is the lining between my kitchen floor and the bottom of the unit - after the plumbers removed the cupboard panel - it's some sort of rubber substance.

The second pic is how it should look.

What I want to know is: is it easy to fix? And if so, what product do I need to buy at B&Q?

Thanks

Seeyounearertime Sun 24-Apr-16 12:13:36

It's sealant.
you need a tube of sealant and a cartridge gun. Examples:

www.diy.com/departments/unibond-universal-multi-purpose-white-sealant-300-ml/196416_BQ.prd

www.diy.com/hand-tools/bq-contractor-cartridge-gun/70366_BQ.prd

Seeyounearertime Sun 24-Apr-16 12:15:13

youtu.be/lt8TtoIVDt0

herezs a video to show how to do it.

I'm not sure what the best sealant is for your purpose, take a look in B&Q for something water proof and flexible.

Plantlover101 Sun 24-Apr-16 16:49:44

Thanks Seeyounearertime - I'll go to B&Q and get this - and thanks for posting the very helpful video too - your answer is just what I needed!

flowers flowers flowers

TollgateDebs Sun 24-Apr-16 17:17:30

We have the plinth sealing strip, which is an easier alternative and protects the bottom of the plinth. Another possibility - link to show what it looks like: www.locksonline.com/Plastic-Plinth-Sealing-Strip-for-18mm-to-19mm-Thick-Panel-827?gclid=CJTdk_DVp8wCFRUTGwod-HEOww

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now