Advanced search

Moving to Winchester

(3 Posts)
ArabianSea Sat 09-Apr-16 08:11:22

We've put an offer on a house in Winchester and would like recommendations for a surveyor (RCIS approved) to do a valuation survey and home buyers report. Also a contractor to give us a quote on any repairs needed in the house. Many thanks

JeffreySadsacIsUnwell Sat 09-Apr-16 09:57:41

If it's a valuation survey for a mortgage, won't the surveyor be appointed by your lender?

We are cash buyers, so opted for a full building (structural) survey which I know isn't quite what you're after - but we have just used William Glancy of Lion House Surveys based near Petersfield, for a house nearer Winchester, who also does homebuyer's reports. He was excellent - the most expensive quote we got back (but the most impressive at quote stage too and certainly the most prompt at returning calls and forwarding info by email), but we're very pleased with the level of detail and comprehensiveness, plus his flexibility in accommodating all our little queries ("whilst you're there, please could you check if...?"!). He included a valuation as part of the building survey. I feel that we got good value.

ArabianSea Sat 09-Apr-16 11:11:25

Yes true, but the valuation does not match with what the house has been put up for so we'd like to do another survey. Will call the company you've suggested, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now