Leicht vs Harvey Jones

(10 Posts)
Sheikhu Sun 21-Feb-16 18:18:09

Hi,

Currently in the planning phase of refurbishing our kitchen. We've had quotes for both Harvey Jones and Leicht kitchens for the cabinets (shaker style). The space is not massive, around 310 x 240cm. The quotes that we have got are very similar both in terms of the design and the pricing. Just wanted to see if people here can guide us which is a better option and which brand is more commonly recognised as quality.

Many thanks for reading and looking forward to any information.

Thanks,

fenellataylor Mon 22-Feb-16 11:01:16

Hi I'd go for Leicht cabinets - they are really hard wearing, a great brand (one of Germany's top brands) and very competitively priced for the quality and style. There are also masses of options in finishes, colours etc and if you need to replace anything you should be able to get it! They get my vote!

Sheikhu Mon 22-Feb-16 11:55:09

Hi fenellataylor,

Many thanks for the vote. Guess that is

Leicht - 1
HJ - 0

smile

OnePlanOnHouzz Mon 22-Feb-16 19:33:04

Which HJ are you considering ? shaker ?!
I always think that painted kitchens are more versatile as you can repaint them when you fancy a change. - not much good if you are choosing linea though !! confused

campfan Mon 22-Feb-16 19:37:33

Linear can be repainted too
I have a HJ linear. I love it!!
And with small children around it is definitely good to be able to paint over the inevitable chips and bashes.

Sheikhu Mon 22-Feb-16 19:58:03

Sounds good. We are considering the new shaker range, with slimmer borders. Though haven't settled 100% on it yet. Thanks for the replies smile
Also out of curiosity, is Leicht as expensive as HJ or is our designer over-charging us?

campfan Mon 22-Feb-16 22:42:21

I have shaker in my bathroom. It's an absolute bigger to keep clean as dust collects in the groove above shaker panel.
The linear is a dream !

Sheikhu Tue 23-Feb-16 12:34:36

Yes, we have heard good things about the Linear range. Though their shaker range has a bit more traditional feel and might be a better fit for the period property?

LottieTee Fri 26-Feb-16 10:58:49

Harvey Jones are traditionally made, whereas Leicht aren't - so Harvey Jones are probably a better bet in terms of quality. We're very pleased with ours.

Sheikhu Fri 26-Feb-16 12:48:09

Yes, I think we are going with Harvey Jones. Also their new original range (without the beading) looks lovely! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now