Advanced search

How do I find an architecture technician?

(7 Posts)
JeffsanArsehole Wed 18-Nov-15 07:58:07

I want some plans drawn up. Not detailed ones at all as only for planning permission. So I can sell my place with planning permission, not going to build it.

I've already met with the lovely planning officer who said it would be favourably looked at (infill development). He seemed to think I could do it myself (the plans) but I have zero clue about the forms which are probably really obvious to someone else who fills them in all the time. Environmental impact thingie, some other stuff.

JT05 Wed 18-Nov-15 08:06:07

You need a qualified Architect, with appropriate insurances. You could end up paying a lot more in rejected applications and the future consequences of doing it on the cheap.

JeffsanArsehole Wed 18-Nov-15 08:10:28

I want to do it on the cheap. I want exactly the same house on the end as mine, turning mine into a terrace. The planner said I had to only sketch a box to scale.

And I can't afford more as need to move.

OurBlanche Wed 18-Nov-15 08:10:58

They are normally employed by architects. So you hire an architect and they coordinate the rest. They are a really good investment if you are going to build.

But if you are putting together an outline planning permission then you could ask a local builder, they usually now all about the local planning details. Then they could help you put together a plan and costings, and they could attach their business card to the pack you leave for potential buyers to look at.

Twittwattwoo2 Wed 18-Nov-15 12:25:35

Ask local builders to recommend someone or look on your councils planning portal. It should have the name of the agent (architect or whoever has drawn the plans) in the details for each planning app, you could then see who is used regularly in your area.

buymeabook Wed 18-Nov-15 14:20:56

There are loads of architectural technicians around so you shouldn't have a problem finding one. For the self employed ones this sort of job is their bread and butter. Of course they shouldn't be confused with architects, but for what you're doing a technician should be fine. And yes, much cheaper than an architect.

Are there any local area facebook groups? Or just ask friends/neighbours.

Norfolknway Wed 18-Nov-15 14:26:03

My brother is one if you're in the NE smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: