who would live in a house LIKE THIS?

sausagechops101 Mon 06-Jul-15 20:05:20

Those pictures make me feel itchy

The prices in London are awful! It's a bit of a dump. And clearly lived in
<shudders>

morethanpotatoprints Mon 06-Jul-15 20:07:45

You could buy that whole house done up round here for less than that. grin

EvaBee Mon 06-Jul-15 20:14:05

And yet one of the tenants is very proud of his shoes.

Part of me feels sad and part of me feels disgust.

clam Mon 06-Jul-15 20:14:46

Glad to see they tidied up for the photographer.

FearOfABlackPlanet Mon 06-Jul-15 20:17:08

Lick of paint and a new kitchen and that house would be lovely, though.

The owner and agent should have staged the photos a bit better than that shock.

There was a house on my road last year that had been like a haunted house for a few years. An elderly owner who had let it go to pot. It was seriously grim. New owners have done an amazing job on it, and it is now one of the nicest houses on our street. Some people love finding a house with 'potential'...

Corneliusmurphy Mon 06-Jul-15 20:19:15

Someone who likes nothing more than spotting pictures in the ceiling mould...

PinkSquash Mon 06-Jul-15 20:19:35

With a lot of work, it could be amazing, but the bed in the attic is fucking vile, it looks like someone died on it.

LikeABadSethRogenMovie Mon 06-Jul-15 20:20:17

They have a weird tidy shoe fetish. I originally thought students until I saw the kids shoes.

Orangeanddemons Mon 06-Jul-15 20:34:38

I particularly like the Dyson. Almost an object d'art as it clearly has never been used. An ironic twist

EvaBee Mon 06-Jul-15 21:07:56

It's not children's shoes SethRogen.

If only they'd put the toilet lid down.

wowfudge Mon 06-Jul-15 21:58:34

I think it's some poor souls whose landlord doesn't care about their living conditions.

EvaBee Mon 06-Jul-15 22:17:30

I think their living conditions look okay, but the tenants have no knowledge or interest is basic acceptable living conditions.

In my past life I also rented a very cheap place. Managed to make it clean and look good. It's down to the individual. It's also down to how much the landlord/lady cares.

wowfudge Tue 07-Jul-15 15:29:16

Looks like an HMO with insufficient space in the kitchen for everyone's stuff. the bathroom is a disgrace - not tiled for a shower. I think it's not on to be sneering at the tenants. I wonder if they even knew the sale photos were being taken?

The mouldy attic rooms appear to be unoccupied. Perhaps the tenants who objected to paying good money for crap conditions have voted with their feet and moved out, prompting the landlord to sell rather than spend money fixing the problems.

scarlets Tue 07-Jul-15 20:43:26

Looks pretty squalid. Poor children.

pinechesterdrawers Tue 07-Jul-15 21:20:11

god, the mould on the ceiling by window. shocking.

sianihedgehog Tue 07-Jul-15 22:36:14

Poor people with landlords who won't do repairs. My current flat has worse damp than that from blown render leading to water ingress and it has taken over two years of begging to get any repairs.
But hey, pretty disgusting how people have to live in crap conditions, they should pull their socks up and be less poor!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now