Talk

Advanced search

Which are more expensive, Crittall metal framed glass doors or bi-fold doors?

(5 Posts)
Hollyhocks7 Fri 16-Jan-15 15:13:22

Just wondered whether anyone had compared prices? I want them for conventional kitchen doors opening onto back garden.

bilbodog Fri 16-Jan-15 15:40:06

crittall metal windows are doors were used in houses 1950's and older - are you trying to put in doors that match windows that are already there? Bi-fold doors are modern - but can be very expensive depending on where they come from. I would be putting in whatever works with the rest of the house and/or age of the house.

Hollyhocks7 Fri 16-Jan-15 16:19:44

But you can buy new double glazed versions of Crittall glass which look very good

Honesttodog Mon 02-Feb-15 21:34:53

Have just had a quote for our 2 French doors - from a crittall company - over£20k. Saw them in livingetc and now trying to see what alternatives there are. Our windows/doors are big due to high ceilings so we are going to have a big spend there whatever we choose. But I suspect a good bifold door will be cheaper.

Hollyhocks7 Mon 02-Feb-15 21:44:50

Oh dear, worse than I thought! I think I will find bi-fold doors annoying, as I tend to close doors to keep the breeze out! Will look into other types of French doors. Thanks for posting.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: